“WHAT ARE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT BELOW ME?”
Review of Farmington Inn

Farmington Inn
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
New York City, New York
“WHAT ARE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT BELOW ME?”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

FIRST OF ALL I READ THE REVIEWS AFTER i made reservations and was HORRIFIED by what people said!

number 1. CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WAS SIMPLE, BAGELS WERE FRESH, u get cream cheese, there is fruit, cereal, milk juice. IT WAS FINE!
2. MY BED WAS CLEAN FRESH, the sheets were spotless, the mattress was FINE, the bed was queen size and comfortable.
3. NO the carpets were not ripped and dirty, they were NEW and clean.
4. NO the furniture is NOT outdated, they have nice mirrors beautiful marble counter, a TV MICROWAVE AND MINI fridge.
5. ROOM service cleaning ladies came and changed sheets EVERY day.
6. the bed spread is NOT out dated, its your typical motel 8 style beadspread.

Look, if i listened to what these people wrote below me i wouldn't have stayed there and missed out on a DECENT motel with the BEST rate in this town.

NO this is not your Bellagio, or your Wynn hotel, you're not staying at the fricking 4 seasons, youre staying at Travelodge, its clean,decent, THE STAFF IS VERY NICE,

for 50$ a night, you get a wicked deal. I stayed for 4 nights and had ZERO problems, and i am a quite anal woman who has been in top notch hotels to the biggest crap holes around the world. It did its justice, and i was quite pleased. If i come again for business i will def stay here again.

Room Tip: Fantastic I-hop style restaurant RIGHT next door. People are so friendly, and the pies they have are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank iliana d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this place last night, and will never ever go back. I stay in motels often, and am not real choosy, but this place takes the cake. The room itself was rather shabby with a strange urine-like odor. The chairs and table were worn, as was the carpet. Garish bedspread. Unbeknownst to me until I went to take a bath was the fact that there is no stopper for the tub. It had been shoddily replaced with a solid metal plate where the handle should have been. I had to clean hair out of the tub. The bathtub mat was moldy. After this experience with the tub, I went to call the office to tell them of all these problems, and guess what? The phone was out of order, so I dialed the office on my cell phone. I was told to talk to the manager the next morning. So I went to the office and was told that the manager would be gone for an hour. That I should have asked for another room when I noticed the problems, and that because I didn't, I wouldn't be given any discount. Well, I had been in my pajamas the night before, and also figured that the other rooms would be just as awful as the one I was in. The woman at the counter was very rude and arrogant, and acted as though I was trying to get something for free (I wasn't, and am not a cheap person), and told me that she wouldn't give any discount since it would not help their ratings at all because I would just give them as bad a rating anyway!! She was very well versed in coming up with her answers, as though she had used them recently. She was very cold and unsympathetic. To top it off, breakfast was some hard bagels and coffee. The room was noisy at night also. I've probably forgotten something, but you get the idea. This is the worst motel/hotel experience I've ever had.

Room Tip: find another place to stay
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Terra6

Travelers are raving about these Farmington hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I needed to spend one evening in Farmington, and I gave him the responsibility of booking the room. HUGE MISTAKE. Absolutely the most terrible hotel I have even stayed in. I am not incredibly picky, but I do expect hotel rooms to be decent.

The carpets were stained and filthy, the bathroom was moldy and the tiles falling in to the shower, and the paint had marks and stains all over it. The door didn't latch correctly, and the weatherstripping fell off a little more every time we opened it. We stayed 4 rooms down from the stairs, and you could hear footsteps on the stairs all night long. Some guy thought it was hilarious to rev his truck in the parking lot and occasionally set off the alarm for a solid hour. No answer at the front desk during this charade.

Now, let me get to the bed. After finally deciding to go to sleep because no other hotels had rooms available, I used a towel to remove the bedspread (no worries, there was no way I was getting in that shower), used my hoodie as a pillowcase, and covered my entire body, right down to gloves on my hands, before touching the bed. (As a side note, I tried to sleep on the table the TV was on, but it just wasn't happening.) The mattress and box spring were at least 3 decades old, and that's probably being generous.

After passing a fitful night, I was at least hoping for a decent breakfast, but no luck there, either; there were a few tiny muffins, some ancient-looking bagels, and two kinds of cereal. Both kinds of juice were out, as were both types of milk. Absolutely horrifying. Please, for your own sake, do NOT stay at this hotel. If it had not been -1 degree outside, I would have slept in the car--just in a different parking lot, so I didn't get murdered.

Room Tip: All rooms are awful; do not stay here under any circumstances.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CDA0731
Socorro, New Mexico
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed a night while in Farmington on a short trip. The location is nice - next to all the more "upscale" hotels like the Courtyard. It seems to be in a relatively safe part of town. The service is average. The continental breakfast is bare bones and there was no milk or orange juice by the time my wife and I got there (around 7:45 am).

Cleanliness and overall upkeep were concerns as the sheets had stains, the comforter looked ancient and had holes, and the toilet was barely cleaned and the seat didn't sit right. Everything is from around the 70's era. In addition the walls are paper thin and you can here TVs from several rooms away and any activity in the parking lot (including this guy who mysteriously started and moved his truck back and fourth a half dozen times and left the alarm on for a couple minutes).

The refrigerator and microwave were an unexpected bonus, and the wifi worked well. If you don't mind a kinda ratty room and are on a budget, then this could be your ticket.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple