“adequate and reasonable”
Review of Farmington Inn

Farmington Inn
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was hesitant to stay here from the bad reviews, but the choice was not up to me. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly and helpful desk clerk, the room was small but clean. The place was not luxurious, but it was adequate. It has a frig, a microwave, an in-room safe, a coffee maker, and in room wifi, which is more than some other places I have stayed that cost considerably more. There was shampoo and soap (and toilet paper). Do I care if it doesn't have the newest furniture? No, I will be asleep for the majority of my hours there. The free breakfast was also adequate, hot and cold cereal, bagels, fruit, muffins, juice and coffee. I had no problem with neighbors, For the money, it was a good night's sleep. If you want luxury, I guess you should go elsewhere, and pay for it. I will definitely consider staying there again and recommend it for cost conscious travelers who just want a clean place to sleep.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have less commotion as people come and go.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank g s

Reviewed June 4, 2011

Prebooked but charged again at check-in. People milling around outside the room at midnight. Blood on stairs leading to icemaker that did not work. The motel was very run down.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2011

It was difficult to get a good nights sleep because of the noisy HVAC unit. The entry door fit so poorly we could see light all around it. There was no toilet paper and the desk clerk did not know where to find more as she was a new employee so she gave us an extra box of tissue. She was friendly and did her best to help us. The refrigerator had a small freezer and there was a microwave. NO HAIR DRYER! The bed was ok. The tub shower was as clean as most motels. The upholstery on the chairs had stains. The breakfast of cereal and bagels was ok.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sdtoaz
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We had no wifi connection and made the mistake of booking this dump. Everything you have read is true. It's dirty, dangerous and creepy. The big mystery is why Travelodge allow their name to be dicredited by this seriously bad motel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2009

We had a job interview in Northern New Mexico which caught us by surprise and we booked this room via cell phone from the road. When we arrived the property looked ok enough from the outside and the desk attendent was nice also, but when we opened the door to the room, we discovered this was an old Motel 6 which had been taken over by Travelodge. The room was tiny for our queen sized bed. The furnishings were old and in need of replacement. When my wife went to the bathroom for the first time and opened the toilet lid, we had to call for someone to come and clean it at 11:00pm becuase it was so nasty. The shower had mold and the upper areas had not been cleaned in weeks.

We were not pleased to be spending over $50 for what was clearly a $30 room.

One other thing, the walls were very thin and the other guests, very loud.

We know we will one day have to stay in Farmington again, but it will not be here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingAZTeacher
Reviewed April 26, 2009

First of all, I am familiar with Farmington so I wasn't exactly expecting a stay in a Manhattan spa. However... We booked through an online service. When we arrived, the reservation was screwed up (not the online service's fault.) The desk clerk had to place a phone call to someone at home to figure out how to correct our booking, then could not figure out the additional amount we would have to pay for two nights in the correct room (hint: $13 + $13 does not equal $28.) The "nonsmoking" room had a suffocating odor of heavy smoking, disinfectant and urine. The outside of the microwave was dirty, so I didn't open it. The bathroom stank of urine and the non-functional bathroom vent was caked with dirt and fuzz, while the ceiling was yellowed from water damage done by flooding in the bathroom above. My little boy refused to use the toilet. Farmington Police Department was cruising the parking lot and having a talk with at least one of the other "guests." While we were sitting in the room with the window open trying to figure out what to do, a group of nasty strung-out teenage girls peered into our window and shouted in surprise a few inches from my face when they saw me there. Same teenagers went into the room next door and conducted their business, which we could hear through the wall, then left after a few minutes in worse condition than when they arrived. I pulled back the covers on the bed that my 2-year-old would have been sleeping in and there were human hairs on the linens. I went downstairs and told the desk clerk we needed our money back and she had to place two more phone calls to figure out how to handle things. Besides the filth, the cigarette contamination that triggered my asthma and the crime, there was this intangible creepy feeling around the whole place. Call it bad vibes or just bad atmosphere. I got us out of there with a fond memory of the traveling days when I would just pull over and sleep in my truck.

Oh, and the "pool" in a hole in the ground with a tarp over it.

As far as location, we were right beside a lovely kids' park and the Riverwalk, which was wonderful... after the online booking service got us into one of the other hotels on Scott Avenue. This is just about the nicest area where you can stay in Farmington.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Taqueria
Reviewed March 19, 2009

We checked in late in the evening and it was the only place in town with a vacancy. We were told the only and last room available was a smoking room, but it had just "recently" been converted to a smoking, and probably had not even been smoked in yet. Well, I guess "recently" meant sometime in the last 10 years.

The bathroom had not been cleaned, the previous guest soap was still in the shower along with their trash. I refused to take a bath or shower even though I had been in the car for 12 hours. The bathroom sink had blood in it and something sticky around the edge.

The stairwells smelled like beer and urine. Around 4 am, someone started beating on the door next door to ours yelling for "Stephen". This went on for a couple of hours. Then the alarm clock went off in the same room and continued for a couple of hours. It might as well have been our alarm clock, it was so loud. When we went to the car, to pack up and leave, there were beer bottles everywhere.

I spoke to the person at the front desk who said he would notify the management. No response, I called them yesterday and was treated very rudely with no apology or refund.

Even if you have to sleep in the car, avoid this hotel. I am in my 40's and this is by far, the absolute worst hotel I have every stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business