“$2.75 for a tea bag”

Dad's Diner
Ranked #17 of 129 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We recently had dinner here. We both ordered chicken fried steak ($9.00) which came with soup of the day (very good) or salad and potato, vegetable and a huge biscuit. The meal was huge and provided lunch for one of us the next day. The quality was about what we'd expect from a diner. The green beans (which were canned to begin with) had been on the steam table forever and were falling apart, mushy, and had no taste. Everything else was good and the service was quite good. We saw burgers and fries going out to other customers; they were huge and looked awesome.
The shocker came when we looked at the bill and realized we were charged $2.75 each for a cup of hot tea.We were offered plain teabags (which is all we wanted) and also 2 flavored varieties. I thought this surely had to be a mistake and checked the menu. Sure enough, that was the listed price, although coffee was only 93 cents. If you eat here, check the prices for everything before you order! I would have never knowingly ordered a $2.75 tea bag and because I feel so ripped off I probably won't return.

There are newer reviews for Dad's Diner

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was a great find! Authentic look diner with a friendly staff and good food. Biscuits and cream gravy were very good and the server kept our coffee cups full. If you are in farmington, don't miss this place.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ate here on a Sunday evening a thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The milkshakes were delicious, the burgers were yummy, service was great and the diner has a great atmosphere.

Would definitely recommend this diner experience.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My grandaughter and I slipped across from the Animas Valley Mall to get a bite to eat at Dad's Diner. This place was busy at 1:30 p.m. On a Friday afternoon. We were a bit apprehensive since this place was not looking the cleanest. We placed our drink order and I went back to use the women's facilities. One stall was locked permanently and the other had run ours of toilet paper. I washed up and our burgers came fairly quickly. As I was taking my first bite out of the burger, my grandaughter yelled, "There's a huge hair coming out of your burger!". Sure enough, a very long, thick very black hair was hanging there! We waited to tell our server, but she was not happy. Needless to say, we left without paying.

1  Thank Wonwithhim
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Breakfast is great, lunch is great, dinner is great and the service is always great. My favorite diner in town.