“Average”

Cuisines: American
Fountain, Co
“Average”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The variety for a buffet wasn't that huge but there was enough of a choice. Loved the creamed spinach. Pulled pork and BBQ pork were the best. Steak was a little tough. Broccoli was crunchy despite lying in water. Desserts left a lot to be desired but the vanilla/sorbet cone was tasty. Noisy with children running everywhere. I probably would not go to another Golden Corral. Hostess was lovely and welcoming though.

Visited April 2014

farmington nm
“Poor employees”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The quality is gone. Have eaten there periodically over the years and the focus has gone from the customer to profits. It's always packed but always just one to two miserable or pissed off cooks at each station so overworked they can barely keep up, so the food suffers. And the servers have more tables to tend to then they have fingers and toes, they do their best but there is only so much one person can do. The cleanliness was non existent and I saw a child take his hand out of his mouth and into several pans and no one did a thing.I hope the people that are running the show get their act together, this place used to be a favorite.

• Visited February 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great food. Wide choices. ”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Very good place. Very busy. It just the kids there. They need to get firm with the rules. Kids are in the way. Hands in food, hands in chocolates, just under foot. One kid ducked under my plate in my hands and dumped in on herself luckily. Then the kid tried to tell momma I did it. But the staff did come to defined me. That the kid dumped my plate by not watching. So watch they kids and yell at the parent. But the food is good. I would like more REAL STEAKS on the bar.

Colorado
“Don't have any complaints at all.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

..Haven't been to a buffet in a long time... Had quite a few in Los Angeles, but since moved to CO., haven't been to one.

Made a wise choice. It was a very busy on a Saturday night. Paid our bill and walked right in. There was so much to choose from---salads, entrees, veges., potatoes, different sides, and of course, desserts!

Had a little of everything (3 plates later) - the chicken was excellent - the steak that I choose was very good. There was nothing to complain about. The veges and potato choices were very good also. Really enjoyed the meal. Of course the chocolate fountains for dessert were the highlight. The kids loved all of it !!!!

I felt so sorry for the bus staff as they were working very hard to get all the tables cleaned while you were eating and also when someone left. They were really working hard!!!! I ended up giving our bus kid a big tip, and I know he appreciated it.

It wasn't dirty either. All in all, everything was up to par. I tend to be very critical with restaurants and hotels.

• Visited January 2014
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“even the locals think it's substandard”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I very much like the Golden Corral chain, so I know this is not a typical property. Eavesdropping on the next table a lady said, "It used to be much better than this. This is bad."
All the food seemed to be a notch or several below what I expect, much of it cooked to death.
Corporate needs to get this place back in line.

• Visited September 2013