“Not worth the money”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Us and a group of friends decided to meet for dinner and drinks at KB Dillions around 7pm on a Saturday night and though we (only 7 of us) and one other table of four were the only patrons in the resturant, it took them over twenty minutes to seat us. From there it was 30 mins to get our drinks, and another hour before our waiter re-appeared to take our order. If it wasn't for us all having a great conversation, we would have left. Though the food was good, the fact that we could hear the cooks asking if each other if they should take our order should be a good sign that this resturant has lost it's luster. Sad because they do have great salad and green chile chicken soup.

3  Thank CrissyA

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Several years ago we happened upon K B Dillon's in downtown Farmington, NM. At that time we had a great meal & extremely satisfying experience. More recently this restaurant was given a very ho-hum review in which it was relegated to a position somewhere below your average Outback Steakhouse.

So it was with great apprehension that we made a special effort to stop by Dillon's for dinner on a recent vacation out West. I was expecting a very average experience at best, but once again, the food was great, The service was very good, and my gin gimlet was one of the very best I have ever had.

The previous reviewer was correct. the place is dark, and it is old, and it is not a chain restaurant, but so what! K B Dillons will definitely remain on our list of good and reliable vacation restaurants.

5  Thank TexasTrails
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This is on of the older more established restaurants in Farmington and it's showing its age. I've been here a few times and everything is unremarkable except perhaps their Nachos (you can get them loaded & they're ok!)

This place is dark (better to hide the food), the service is mediocre and a look into the kitchen area might scare you off. I'd prefer to eat at "local" restaurants; but I'll go to the Outback before I go here.

1  Thank sdpryde
Reviewed August 22, 2008

Have you ever been on vacation and stumbled upon a place that just seems to hit all the right buttons? K. B. Dillons Steak House located at 101 West Broadway in Farmington, NM was just such a place for us.

This family owned steak house has been in business for 20 years or so. If our experience was any measure, it will easily make another 20 years.

Decor was typical of an upper-tier Steak House, but "typical" stopped at that point. Our steaks were cooked exactly as we had requested and they were among the best we have ever had anywhere. The salads were great, the side dishes were delicious, and the drinks were prodigious and potent. On top of that the service was excellent.

Prices were very reasonable, about the same as what you would find at "Outback," and the menu had a good variety of entrees.

I can't recommend this place highly enough. My wife & I will plan our next Southwestern vacation to include an overnight in Farmington so we can eat at K. B. Dillons.

3  Thank TexasTrails
Reviewed June 11, 2008

I've never eatten there, but I went for drinks with friends last year. Nice atmosphere, weird live music, and nice waitstaff.

1  Thank LaceyGFarmington