“Good Greek in a small town”
Review of My Big Fat Greek Restaurant - CLOSED

My Big Fat Greek Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian, Mediterranean, Native American
Farmington, New Mexico
“Good Greek in a small town”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was relived when this place opened up , as the previous Greek restaurant closed last year. I absolutely love Greek cuisine, so my boyfriend took me here for my birthday.
We both ordered white Sangrias, which were tall and refreshing. For an appetizer, when had a Feta and olives, which is basically a Greek bruschetta. It was delicious!

For the main meal, I can never pass up gyro platters. Everything was great, and the tzatziki the right amount of tangy and refreshing flavours. He had the Bid Fat Burger with Greek fries and enjoyed his meal as well.

• Visited April 2012

Colorado
“A decent & different food option for Farmington”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Nice ambiance. Pretty good food (except for salads.) Staff very helpful.

* Fried Calamari: cooked perfectly with two tasty sauces - 5
* Gyro Sandwich: meat was good, but skimpy on sauce and tomatoes - 3
* Grilled Salmon: a bit dry, but fine - 3
* Skewers: Chicken good, but vegetarian was a bit skimpy portion - 3
* Falafel: Homemade and tasty - 4

Our only problem was that all the salads, which came with our meals (while hefty portions) were slimy & dressings were not good - 1

The waiter was very friendly, attentive, and helpful - 4 (only forgot about us at the very end)

We would try it again when looking for Mediterranean food.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank ColoradoBeerMan
Albuquerque, NM, USA
“Just average”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I was a disappointed with the wilted bagged greens and 1 olive in my Greek side salad. My moussaka had undercooked chunks of vegetables and a tiny dried blob of béchamel sauce on top. My server never came back to check on our table.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank zoodocent
Aztec, New Mexico
“Fun place!”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have eaten there a few times and the food is fanstastic and lots of it!!! My husband is really picky, he enjoyed it a lot. The Spinach Filo was so good, I will get that one again. The staff is friendly and attentive.

Edgewood, New Mexico
“Surprisingly good and very reasonable...”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My husband and I joined my brother and his wife here for dinner a few nights ago. My husband had the lamb kabobs while I had the Mediterranean paste dish. We were pleasantly surprised with both our dishes. Both were big portions and very flavorful. The presentation was very nice. The waitress was very attentive but not overly so with refilling our ice teas and cokes. We would definitely come here again for a meal.

• Visited January 2012