“excellent Farmington option” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Farmington
Cortez, Colorado
“excellent Farmington option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Amidst the wasteland of shopworn, smoke-infused, rundown Farmington hotel options, this is a gem, if pricey. Clean rooms, sparkling linens, top-end toiletries, very quiet and comfortable. Breakfast staff were a bit rude, but that's service for you in the 4 Corners.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Keith B, General Manager at Courtyard Farmington, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Ruth V.,
Thank you for the excellent review. However, we wish it was 100%. I will take you comments regarding the Bistro service and the typical 4 Corner's server attitude and use it to better train our Bistro staff. On your next visit to our Hotel I hope you will give our Bistro Cafe another opportunity to serve you.
Keith Barbeau, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Hebrew first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Checked in and one room was not reserved - but not a problem the guest service lady had a room quickly. I was never greeted as an Elite customer and there was not an upgrade or breakfast coupons offered as at other Marriott's. I imagine they don't feel they have to. Did have cocktails in their bar and the bartender was very nice. Did purchase breakfast at the Bistro there in the hotel - it was good and ordered coffee. Unfortunately they were out of coffee lids and I couldn't take it with me in the car. The hotel is well maintained.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Keith B, General Manager at Courtyard Farmington, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,
I received your comment regarding the lack of recognition for your elite status. I apologize that we failed to acknowledge how important guests in our rewards program are to us. Repeat customers in Rewards Programs are the life blood of most hotel chains. We need you and appreciate you.
Again, I apologize we failed to recognize your elite status.
Keith B., General Manager
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We made our reservation for this hotel to go with the Shiprock Marathon! It was a GORGEOUS hotel and the staff was EXTREMELY kind. In addition, they gave us a GREAT rate but there was NO breakfast of any kind. Also, there was no refrigerator. Our biggest gripe of all was that they REQUIRED us to have a $150.00 refundable deposit because we used a DEBIT card instead of a credit card. We have NEVER encountered this and found it to be extremely disturbing. We DID get this back but the thought that we would do something to the room was really disrespectful. We will try and avoid the Marriot at all costs and if we run this marathon again, we'll go elsewhere!

Room Tip: There are many nice hotels in the area. Choose another.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Keith B, General Manager at Courtyard Farmington, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Alice B.,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. The Hotel practice of requiring a deposit when using a debit card is required in most Marriott hotels. I assure you that it is not at all discrimintory nor is it implying you appear untrustworthy. With regular credit cards an authorization is preformed automatically when you travel or check in to a hotel. It is an automated function that does essentially the same thing that a security deposit does with the debit card. It assures the merchant that you have sufficient funds to cover costs above and beyond the base cost. (if need be)
I am sorry you were offended by this procedure. We appreciate you taking time to share your feelings regarding your hotel stay.
Sincerely, Keith B., General Manager
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

It's like stepping back into the past.. With the family like staff willing to serve you.. I needed an item without hesitation the desk person was there.The bed was comfortable! The kitchen staff Cindy encourage me to walk on the River walk behind the hotel. It was so enjoyable to watched the ducks and Geese along the walk. Great Hotel it really made my trip to New Mexico worth it!! Thanks Cindy and Staff!! WI

Room Tip: Make sure your on the River Side of the hotel to enjoy the beautiful view and no road noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PamPog
Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Upon entry the staff was amazing (all staff including night housekeeper)! Room was incredible and comfy! Bed was so comfortable I had the best night sleep!
The energy of the hotel was amazing and I was treated with respect and kindness!

Room Tip: I am sure any room is a great room. I had a king which included a work area and sofa
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 491disappointed
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly and welcoming. All my requests were honored. The room and hotel were clean and secure. I would agree with previous guests that the beds were not comfortable but I have been told it is a Courtyard issue as they are standard and you can request a pillow top mattress cover to help. Courtyard must have got a good deal on these low end mattresses by buying in bulk.

I was disappointed that we did not have a refrigerator in our room and needed to fill my small cooler with ice to keep a few of my items cold. It leaked all over my things and I associate this fiasco with the hotel so it is tough for me to write a good review. I was told at checkout that I could have requested a refrigerator. I have never had to request one before but now I know and hopefully it helps you.

The plus was we were located on the Animas River and there was a nice trail we walked for several miles. You could also bike on it.

I would not stay here again. Durango is only about an hour away. I would stay there next time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Momsperception
Keith B, Manager at Courtyard Farmington, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Courtyard guest,
It is not a policy of Courtyard to provide microwaves and refrigerators, however most keep a limited supply on hand for guest requests. I am sorry we did not communicate this to you.
This Courtyard uses Jamison Supreme Plus 99% foam mattresses. They are scheduled for replacement next year. I wish we would have had the opportunity to move you to another room and also to provide you with a refrigerator.
I would hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and provide you a much better stay.
Keith Barbeau, General Manager
Calabasas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were very disappointed In this courtyard. The bed seemed sunken, and the sheets were uncomfortable. The staff was friendly, however ... That does not make up for comfort! My request on my profile of close to the elevator and extra towels was not met. That was strange since I am a silver member and it's on my profile.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family