“thankful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Farmington
Taos, New Mexico
“thankful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Upon entry the staff was amazing (all staff including night housekeeper)! Room was incredible and comfy! Bed was so comfortable I had the best night sleep!
The energy of the hotel was amazing and I was treated with respect and kindness!

Room Tip: I am sure any room is a great room. I had a king which included a work area and sofa
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 491disappointed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly and welcoming. All my requests were honored. The room and hotel were clean and secure. I would agree with previous guests that the beds were not comfortable but I have been told it is a Courtyard issue as they are standard and you can request a pillow top mattress cover to help. Courtyard must have got a good deal on these low end mattresses by buying in bulk.

I was disappointed that we did not have a refrigerator in our room and needed to fill my small cooler with ice to keep a few of my items cold. It leaked all over my things and I associate this fiasco with the hotel so it is tough for me to write a good review. I was told at checkout that I could have requested a refrigerator. I have never had to request one before but now I know and hopefully it helps you.

The plus was we were located on the Animas River and there was a nice trail we walked for several miles. You could also bike on it.

I would not stay here again. Durango is only about an hour away. I would stay there next time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Momsperception
Keith B, Manager at Courtyard Farmington, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Courtyard guest,
It is not a policy of Courtyard to provide microwaves and refrigerators, however most keep a limited supply on hand for guest requests. I am sorry we did not communicate this to you.
This Courtyard uses Jamison Supreme Plus 99% foam mattresses. They are scheduled for replacement next year. I wish we would have had the opportunity to move you to another room and also to provide you with a refrigerator.
I would hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and provide you a much better stay.
Yours truly,
Keith Barbeau, General Manager
Calabasas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were very disappointed In this courtyard. The bed seemed sunken, and the sheets were uncomfortable. The staff was friendly, however ... That does not make up for comfort! My request on my profile of close to the elevator and extra towels was not met. That was strange since I am a silver member and it's on my profile.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank SandG12
Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My dad is from Phoenix and he comes over here to Farmington to visit us for every holiday and we always stay here for 2 night and its perfect. They have everything we need, one time my head started to hurt while we were there and the hotel had a snack bar with other supplies so we got some pills and it relieved my pain fast. Plus it has the most delicious chicken wings i ever had! Plus they give us a dicount because my dad is the Captain at the Scottsdale Marriott Hotel and Resort in Scottsdale so ya its a perfect hotel for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cesar S
Greater London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Difficult to find but worth it. Very clean and welcoming hotel. Just what we needed for a 1 night stopover between Albuquerque and telluride in Colorado. No breakfast though and so a little on the expensive side.
We were able to combine our stay with a visit to the Aztec ruins, which were very close by and good to see.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here on our way from Durango to Tucson. Our main problem was finding the hotel in the first place - the instructions I had printed before leaving home were wrong and it was by sheer luck that we found Scott Avenue and the hotel. The Reception Desk is rather strange being very small and insignificant for the size of the hotel's entrance area and it wasn't helped that the Reception staff were all dressed in sports shirts - not something we would have expected of a hotel of this quality. However the staff were inordinately welcoming and helpful to make up for things. Our room was lovely but did not have a fridge and there was a notice on the ice machine not to take more than a "couple" of ice cubes. The bar was available for evening meals but we had dined at lunchtime and did not need very much. Fortunately there was a small "market facility" with individual servings of microwaveable soup for sale from Reception which was adequate for our needs. The complimentary breakfast was very good if a little limited in choice

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The biggest problem was the amount of food served at the bar was too much food. We even shared with some of the other customers in the bar. Quality was good as well. This is a must stop if you are in the area.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple