“Finally got to stay at the best hotel in town”

Courtyard Farmington
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Santa Fe
“Finally got to stay at the best hotel in town”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I visit family here often and have stayed at several less nice places. We have wanted to stay at the Courtyard because of the great reviews but had to wait because the lobby was being renovated and there was temporary construction noise. We are really glad we did; the lobby is beautiful with a cozy fireplace and updated amenities. The rooms are very nice and quiet, comfy beds, and the bathroom area by the toilet and tub/shower is huge, one of the largest I've seen anywhere. We got a room on the top (fourth floor) with a view of the river (no extra charge) and highly recommend getting there early to get these view rooms. There is a wonderful cottonwood-tree lined, paved walking trail along the river that we have enjoyed even before we stayed here. The Animas river here flows down from Colorado and do not miss driving up north about an hour to see Durango and the San Juan Mountains, which I think are the most spectacular mountains in the continental U.S. (with the possible exception of the Tetons). As noted in other reviews there are several restaurants nearby including a Denny's and Village Inn, both right next door and open all day.

Room Tip: Check in early to be sure to get a room with a view of the river (no extra charge).
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Hebrew first
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Courtyard Marriott Farming is a very nice looking property. Rooms were very clean, linen very clean, restrooms very clean. The only this I had a problem with was trying to sleep! All night I heard a loud humming noise and I felt my bed vibrating. Had to turn on the air conditioner to mask the humming noise. Slept very little at this hotel. Was in room 332, which is on the south side of the hotel and as I found out is above the restaurant. I talked to the lady at the front desk and voiced my lack of sleep due to vibration and humming noise. The women told me that I was probably a vent from the restaurant vibrating up onto the wall as the duct makes it way to the outside. Nice facility, but poor when it came time to help me rest and sleep!!!:(

Room Tip: I guess ask for a room that is the furthest away from the kitchen/restaurant!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
North Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The only complaint I have about this hotel is that they don't offer any complimentary breakfast. They do, however, offer food for purchase but most hotels in this class offer this as a part of your stay. Other than that, this hotel is great. Staff was very friendly and efficent. Rooms are large and clean. I would stay here again if ever back in the area.

• Stayed September 2011
mt
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The beds were sooo comfortable we slept like babies. Nice big rooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Very clean and the maid staff were very thorough. We will stay here again when we visit family in area. Nothing to complain about at all!! No parking problems at all. On previous posts we read there were but no longer. So go and enjoy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Good overall hotel. Room balcony was very welcome considering the temperature. Excellent open seating area for evening drinks, only spoiled by the smokers. Meals leave alot to be desired. No restaurant as such, only a "fast food" type eat out. Food quite good, but had closed before 9:00am so no breakfast!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GeordieMaverick
Bloomfield, New Mexico
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I had our wedding at the Marriott. The staff was very helpful and accomidating to all of out of town guests. They put our entire family on the same floor and even manged to book a room for my now husband to be at the opposite end of the hall from me. It was just wonderful!! The staff made sure all of needs where taken care of. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for myself and my guests!!

Room Tip: Ask for the east facing rooms the view is worth it
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
NM
Reviewed June 13, 2011

While mom worked, grandmother took the two grandchildren (ages 4 and 6) swimming twice a day. The pool was empty of guests during mid morning and afternoon. The suite's kitchen was adequate; bathroom a little cozy; two bedrooms . We liked being on the ground floor as we didnt have so far to go with all the extra children paraphernalia. A small exercise room was appreciated. Breakfast was typical but varied; unfortunately for New Mexico natives, lacking in green chile! This hotel is close to several chain restaurants, a large grocery store, Target, Lowes.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing North for a view.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family