“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Excellent place to eat. Service is exceptional. Restaurant is clean. I have had delivery as well and was completely surprised how fast my food arrived.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Mikasa for the first time recently and were very impressed with the food and service. Our waiter was extremely helpful and patient. We tried two of the sushi rolls and the hibachi grill. The rolls were excellent and the steak and chicken were the juiciest and most tender of any I've had! We also got the cheese wontons and they were hands down the best we've had anywhere!! The portions were huge. Our boys, who are 11 and 14, each got a hibachi bowl and neither one could eat it all. My husband and I shared the plate that had steak, chicken and shrimp and we were both stuffed! I highly recommend this restaraunt!! We were all very pleased:-)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Finding a very good Japanese place in the middle of the desert was a great suprise. The food is very good with an onsite sushi chef. I love the habachi grill and most everything on the menu

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Pros: Great Service, Excellent Quality, Delicious Food, Downtown Farmington, Delivery, Menu, Price, Gluten Free Items, Caters
Cons: Plain Atmosphere

Mikasa is a great addition to the Southwest. In a land of Green Chile and Southwestern food compitition, Mikasa stands out representing Asian food.

While walking downtown Farmington, enjoying the local shops and Southwest art, my family and I decided to grab a bite to eat. My sister had previously tried Mikasa and loved it, so we decided to all walk down.and give it a try, we're happy we did!

Although it's located in a great area of Farmington, the building doesn't look like much and doesn't give you really a clue of what to expect going in. My family and I walked in and were greeted by many smiling faces and a warm welcome. The interior is simple and somewhat plain, although somewhat of a relief to not see an overdecorated Asian feel. We were glad to see many other families and couples filling the restaurant.

We sat down and were welcomed by our server and menus. The menu had a good mix of appitizers, soups, salads, lunch and dinner items, hibachi, sushi, and desserts. I also ordered a Thai tea, which was delicious!

I ordered a cup of egg drop soup and the hibachi chicken bowl. The egg drop soup had great flavor and a good consistency, I would order it again and wanted to try some of the other soups. My family all ordered off the hibachi menu and everything came out looking superb. The portions are the right size, not too much, but enough to be filling and possibly a little extra depending on your appetite, but for lunch, it was great. Oh, and they also include gluten free items for those of you looking for places in the area. My sister is gluten free and loves this place.

Although I am a fan of sushi, I did not order any sushi. I will also say that people need to realize that New Mexico is land locked and not exactly known for their sushi. Even if I did order sushi, I wouldn't hold my expectations to their highest knowing the facts. I will however say, there were many folks around us who did order sushi and it looked great! I have to say the presentation of the food is amazing, this restaurant does an excellent job at making their delicious food look just as good as it tastes.

Service was great. Everyone was helpful and kept our drinks filled. I'll also add Mikasa is a great value for the quality, quantity, and service received.

Overall, I definitely recommend this place. It's hard to imagine finding a good place to grab some Asian food in the Southwest/4 Corners area, but this place is great quality for a good price. Although the restaurant isn't anything special on the inside, it has a nice feel and the service makes up for what it lacks with the plain view. An excellent experience and would definitely return!

1  Thank Jesse C
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went for lunch with my boyfriend. I ordered vegetable tempura and soup, he had the sushi lunch special. Hot and Sour soup very good. Tempura dipping sauce brought out at same time as soup.
By the time the tempura arrived, dipping sauce was cold. Tempura was overbreaded and undercooked. You could not even tell what type of vegetable was inside until bitten into. Batter was raw as well as the vegetables themselves. I asked to have the tempura taken off my bill. They refused and said they would cook me another order. I did not take them up on the offer.
My boyfriend's maki rolls were almost all rice with a little chopped fish on the inside. Fish was dry and old looking. Did not enjoy. Hot tea is a joke. A diner coffee mug full of hot water and 1 generic green tea bag. If you want a second tea bag you pay for a second cup. Only hot water is a free refill. Will not be going back.