“I only wanted a Bowl of Soup”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #23 of 132 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Italian
Description: New restaurant in Farmington, NM. See URL.
Description: New restaurant in Farmington, NM. See URL.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Family in town visiting and XMAS shopping. Suggested we go to Oliver Garden for lunch. When I got there we chose to sit in the less crowded bar. Ordered lunch and I just ordered a bowl of soup. Meal came and the server advised she would bring the soup as it was sitting in the window. Family ate, (No soup). waitress came and told her that we needed a kid refill (Apple Juice) and soup....15 min went by, No soup no juice. Went to the bar and got my own juice for kid; Bartender very nice. Bill came along with soup; advised family was done and I did not wish it anymore. Waitress advised she was overwhelmed. (Very sad). did not even bother to come back with my bill and sent the Mgr and someone else with it. This Olive Garden is becoming very slow, bad service, and not very well trained staff. Manager was not very helpful at all and offered excuses instead of an apology. Used to go here a lot. There are a lot better places to go. Just beware when researching places to eat in Farmington.

2  Thank 911NeverForget

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Standard Olive Garden fare. One large room with acoustics that reverberate. Waiters not as well trained as most Olive gardens.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I just got back home after eating here, and I knew I'd be writing this as I was driving home,

My daughter wanted to go here for her 18th birthday, so we did. I have never cared for Olive Garden, and this visit reminded me of why: Over priced, mediocre food and poor service. I went in with very low expectations, and the visit met my expectations.

There was trash and a half a breadstick in our booth seats as we sat down. The drink order took 15 minutes, and then the waitress proceeded to explain how tough it is being a waitress and how the hostesses seated her too frequently. She brought my daughter the wrong soup, was inattentive to drink refills, and talked WAY too much about topics we didn't initiate.

The service is almost always unprofessional and banal.

Unless it is as a favor to someone else, I will never go to an Olive Garden again as long as I live.

1  Thank DubuzilsEats
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The new Olive Garden deal, order two meals eat one at the restaurant and they send another chilled Togo home for later. Only about $13. Great deal
I wish the farmington location would step it up. Be more proactive and train your staff better. I asked what two ingredients where on the menu and after 15min and watching our waiter ask about 4 people, we got no answer or apology for not knowing. Wow. Needless to say I didnt order those items. I searched and found out one was a cheese and the other was just a pasta type. Amazed me they wouldn't know those things. I know OG trains menu options to servers. Or so I thought. Food is always good. Just hope for better service each time.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Olive Garden is a fun place to eat. The food is good and the service is great. It seems a little crowded, hard to have a conversation with others seated so near.