“Great Food!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
mt
“Great Food!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is real good BBQ. The pulled pork sandwich is one of the best I've had. Great fall off the bone ribs seasoned to perfection. Sides are all good and the sweet tea is very good. I think about this place when I'm back in Montana, it's so good and every trip I make to Farmington it's one of our first stops. I even bring it back to my motel room and stick it in the fridge 'for later'. This is for anyone that likes real bbq and maybe even those that don't it could change their minds. BBQ is not my husbands favorite food and even he likes it and wants to go there. So that has to mean it's something special. Who cares how you get it, in tubs, in paper, formal, informal just get it. : )
We visited over Thanksgiving and the day after we stopped in, they were closed, I was sooo disappointed. But then I saw it would be open the next day, needless to say we stayed another day just for the BBQ. Now that's good bbq.

• Visited November 2012

Indiana
“The is Correct... Serious Texas BBQ”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Interesting joint. You order at the front, they weight the meat in front of you. Sauce is on the table. The brisket was excellent, had a nice smoke line in it. The pork ribs were excellent, nice smoke line and very meaty. The pulled pork was good. The Sausage was good. The place overall is very clean, but the sides are limited, bagged chips, beans, potato salad and coleslaw. We only tried the coleslaw it was nice but a bit odd, it obviously had a touch of pepper or heat of some sort. Overall very pleasant. It is a meet eaters paradise, no carbs to fill you up just the good stuff.....Dead Red, nicely smoked.

Visited October 2012
Whitehorse, Yukon
“Not quite what we expected but food was good”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Tried this based on reviews and we were surprised that it was more of a take-out place than an actual sit down restaurant. You order from the counter and take your food to tables - salads in tubs and sandwiches or ribs in paper. While it was less formal than we expected, the food was good - had to try texas BBQ - and it was tender, saucy and flavorful. Portions were large so we could see where it would rate highly but was just a bit too saucy for our tastes.

Visited September 2012
Cedar Lake, Indiana
“Need food?”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was surprised by this place. I had a great burger...delicious. My spouse had the ribs and liked them, too. This is a small (4) chain from Durango, and I like the food and atmosphere. Service was great as well. Try the local (from Durango) root beer. It was really good.

• Visited August 2012
Farmington, New Mexico
“Farmington Fiasco”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Last night, my wife and I decided to go to STB, since they advertise Wednesdays as "potato special night", when they serve specially-prepared baked potatoes. [We've had the baked potatoes in STB's Durango locations, where service is good, the food is fresh, and we've never experienced problems.]
But when I discovered the "potato special" was for "dine-in" patrons only, I asked the counter clerk why. He mumbled something about "it's easier on us." When I pressed him, he finally admitted the restaurant personnel have some sort of problem serving baked potatoes through the drive-through, so...? It was obvious they've elected to convenience themselves by restricting the "potato special night" to over-the-inside-counter purchases only. Go figure!
Then a female employee suddenly showed up and told my wife: "Oh, we just ran out of baked potatoes!" I looked at my watch. It was 6:45 in the evening -- on "potato special night" And
I was being told the place was out of potatoes before 7 p.m.!! Are you kidding me? Serious Texas Barbecue's Farmington employees clearly aren't very "serious" about keeping their clientele. No matter how good the food is, bad service and company stupidity is guaranteed to overshadow it.

• Visited May 2012