I stayed here one night on business in early June. I have family in the area but decided last minute to find a hotel and dropped off a co-worker at the TownePlace Suites which is the only hotel near Farmington's shopping and restaurant district other than an older Super 8. I did not have a reservation and for some reason, no decent hotel in town had any vacancy including the TownePlace Suites. After being informed that no rooms were available, I was using the free wi-fi in the lobby to search my options. After 20 minutes one of the front desk clerks walked over and notified me that a room had just opened up. I appreciated the attentiveness and took the room.
Out of convenience more than anything else, my co-worker and I ate at the Outback Steakhouse located right in front of the hotel and we were surprised to see such a large crowd on a Wednesday night in a small town.
The following is a summary of the highs and lows of this hotel:
* Extremely comfortable bed - I slept like a baby which is unusual for me on the road.
* Very clean - I've come to expect this from Marriott properties and this place was no exception.
* Newer property - It is nice to stay at a place that isn't worn down and in need of rennovation. While my king room wasn't a suite, it had a full kitchenette complete w/ dishes and silverware which would have come in handy for a longer stay. The granite countertops in the bathroom and kitchenette were beautiful.
* Front door access - I was surprised that this place had a single-width, swing-open front door instead of the double-width, slide-open door that is normally present at this type of hotel. This made entering the hotel very akward while carrying luggage.
* Parking - there is ample parking, but it is located down a slight hill right behind the hotel (could be a bit of a hike for some. The few parking spots in front stayed fairly full.
I would rate the breakfast as slightly better than average for this class of hotel with the usual fare and decent scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy.
To summarize, the "lows" above are minor annoyances and should not scare you away. I recommend this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your TownePlace Suites Farmington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.