“Great Location Near Shopping and Restaurants” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Farmington

TownePlace Suites Farmington
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Farmington
Southwest US
“Great Location Near Shopping and Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed here one night on business in early June. I have family in the area but decided last minute to find a hotel and dropped off a co-worker at the TownePlace Suites which is the only hotel near Farmington's shopping and restaurant district other than an older Super 8. I did not have a reservation and for some reason, no decent hotel in town had any vacancy including the TownePlace Suites. After being informed that no rooms were available, I was using the free wi-fi in the lobby to search my options. After 20 minutes one of the front desk clerks walked over and notified me that a room had just opened up. I appreciated the attentiveness and took the room.

Out of convenience more than anything else, my co-worker and I ate at the Outback Steakhouse located right in front of the hotel and we were surprised to see such a large crowd on a Wednesday night in a small town.

The following is a summary of the highs and lows of this hotel:

Highs -

* Extremely comfortable bed - I slept like a baby which is unusual for me on the road.
* Very clean - I've come to expect this from Marriott properties and this place was no exception.
* Newer property - It is nice to stay at a place that isn't worn down and in need of rennovation. While my king room wasn't a suite, it had a full kitchenette complete w/ dishes and silverware which would have come in handy for a longer stay. The granite countertops in the bathroom and kitchenette were beautiful.

Lows -

* Front door access - I was surprised that this place had a single-width, swing-open front door instead of the double-width, slide-open door that is normally present at this type of hotel. This made entering the hotel very akward while carrying luggage.

* Parking - there is ample parking, but it is located down a slight hill right behind the hotel (could be a bit of a hike for some. The few parking spots in front stayed fairly full.

I would rate the breakfast as slightly better than average for this class of hotel with the usual fare and decent scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy.

To summarize, the "lows" above are minor annoyances and should not scare you away. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Sulu32

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Although I was in Farmington for work, I have to say that staying in this hotel was just as good as home if not better. The beds were so comfortable that even when I lacked the hours to actually sleep, I still managed to get quality REM time. The rooms were always cleaned and the kitchenette was a very important feature.
The location is perfectly located near many restaurants and an Albertsons should you decide to cook in the room.
If there is any drawback, I would say that this hotel is using the same "powdered eggs" in their free breakfast as every other hotel that would entice you with a similar offer.

Room Tip: If you would normally need two rooms, opt for the 2 bedroom suite and you'll save nearly $100.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank James G
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed with a number of other friends and family members in April of 2012. All areas of the hotel were kept clean and well stocked. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were quiet, the staff members were very friendly I do not know of another hotel where so many staff members smile whenever they see you in the hallways or at the front desk. The feeling that they appreciated our business and wanted us to return was apparent.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank snafu211
Paradise, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is by far the best room we stayed in during our trip. The hotel is new and the rooms were great. Comfortable beds, good lighting, lots of outlets for the business traveler/gadget person. There was a small kitchenette stocked with the things you would need for a extended stay. The table/desk in the room was good size for eating or working. There is a small walk in closet, good water pressure in the shower. Free hot breakfast which was great.
There was a wedding reception that night, we were up on the 4th floor and didn't hear much, when we checked out the front desk staff asked if it had bothered us, they were concerned and said it was the first time they had let someone use it for that but probably not do that again because some of the other people complained, sounds like it is something not to worry about in the future. Front desk staff was great. Will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank pagosa123
Golden, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We've stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Farmington about four times. It has always been a wonderful stay. The rooms are large with a sitting area, tv, and small kitchen separate from the one bedroom. They're always clean and generally the kitchens are well stocked. One suggestion is for housekeeping to do an inventory, so each kitchen has wine glasses, plates, etc. Sometimes the quantity is different or non existent. Small issues. There's a very nice indoor pool on the ground floor with a hot tub. We've also seen a grill outside but no one using it. They also have a work out area on the same floor. In the lobby area there are computers and a printer for people to use - no charge for computers not sure about printer. There is free Internet in the rooms, but it can be a tad iffy sometimes.

We usually get there on the early side after 2 and have always been able to to check in. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and professional. We usually ask for the 3rd or 4th floor facing away from the front parking lot, and we've always been accommodated when possible.

The breakfast is delicious with many hot foods, cereal, yogurt, etc. It is always restocked in a timely manner and kept very clean. The breakfast area is a bit small for the number of guests staying.

The staff is helpful with maps and advice for getting out to see some of Farmington's sights. There is a river walk with a memorial to all veterans from all the American wars which is very impressive and interesting.

We enjoy staying at this Marriott and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lmom12
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stopped here in Jan 2012, while car camping the four corner's area. It was me and my wife plus our 2 year old.

The good, it was very reasonable priced, clean and had all the amenities that a suite should have, ie kitchen, closets, free wired and wireless internet. It is solid 3 star hotel and well worth your money, especially if you have a military ID or triple A card and get the discount rate. I tnink we paid 69 plus taxes @ government rate.

The hotel itself is not bad, sort of near the mall. It tuck away about 100M from the road and you need to look for it otherwise you miss it. There a Apple Bees(?) and Outback out front. The fitness center is a joke but hey, I did get to use the one treadmill. Breakfast was average but since it is free, you can't beat that. I will say that the pantry was reasonable priced. There is a Starbucks going towards the mall.

While I can't say I was wow'ed, I can say that it was a great value for you money. All the things you need for a longer stay and families. It was somewhat small but of course we did get the cheapest room.

Room Tip: Look at the government rate or AAA rate
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank momdadsefi2010
Herndon, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We stayed here in Jan 2012. It was me and my wife plus our 2 year old. We used this as a base to see the four corners area. The good, it was very reasonable priced, clean and had all the amenities that a suite should have, ie kitchen, closets, free wireless internet (there also a cat 5 hook up). The hotel itself is not bad, sort of near the mall. The fitness center is a joke but hey, I did get to use the one treadmill. Breakfast was average but since it is free, you can't beat that. I will say that the pantry was reasonable priced, water for as dollar, 3 bucks for a pint of Hagen Dase ice cream.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family