“A Nice Change”

Long Dragon
Ranked #24 of 129 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We needed a change of taste, after eating alot of southwestern cuisine during our trip. Farmington was not especially attractive, and was just an overnight stay for us. This resturant is located on a busy road with lots of strip malls and chain restaurants. It was easy to find, with easy parking right out front. It was busy for a week day, with lots of sit down business and carryout as well. The place is a bit dated and run down and I would have liked it to be somewhat cleaner..but I didn't run out screaming, so it was not that bad. We were greetly warmly and sat down right away. I wasn't that hungry so we opted for 1 appetizer and 3 meals; should be plenty for 4. All the food was very good overall, and I have never had so many people refilling our tea/water! The steamed dumplings were very good. I thought the won ton soup and the fried rice could be a bit more flavorful and have more ingredients in it. Overall, everyone left full and happy. The 45$ price tag was very reasonable. This was a good change of taste for our southwestern-weary palates!

1  Thank Famontherun

Reviewed October 25, 2010

We arrived in Bloomfield fairly late. The people at the Best Western recommended this restaurant. It was almost empty at 8.30 or so. We ordered a single entree, Moo Shu Pork. It was up there with the best I've ever had. We both had soup (okay) and the pork came with pancakes and rice. Our waiter couldn't have been more attentive, and responded to our requests very quickly.

The total bill - $10! Of course we only had one entree, but it was enough for three people. Oh, and there was tea and fortune cookies also.

1  Thank BarbfromDC
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Not much to look at from the outside, or the inside to be honest. Long Dragon delivers where it counts; on the plate. It seemed their cheap ($5.50) lunch specials were the way to go. I chose the Lemon Chicken and she got the Buddha's Delight Mixed Vegetables. There were 3 different soups to choose from. for myself it was wonton while my wife went with hot and sour. Both were delicious, not to much salt or syruppy at all. Our plates arrive, my wife vegetables were piled a mile high, all kinds of tastiness, she had to get half of it to go. My lemon chicken was great, a decent sized crusted breast covered in a delicious lemon sauce. The fried rice was nothing special but it wasnt dried out and it wasnt greasy. The service was very good, our waters were refilled as needed and they brought a to-go box with the bill, having read ours minds I suppose. All around a very nice meal from a divey looking kind of place that was obviously once an attached restaurant for the old motel next door. I can see why this place has won some awards. Highly Recommended

1  Thank DrexlerMcStyles
Reviewed September 22, 2009

You won't be disappointed! I have lived all over the US. We are fortunate in Farmington to have this genuine Chinese restaurant! There is no buffet, but don't fret! You will bring home left overs! The portions are large and the price is small! I rate Chinese on two basics: brown sauce and sweet and sour. Both of these are excellent at the Long Dragon. Sure it looks like a dive from the outside but the food is the reason to visit. Try the Hot and Sour soup, it is the best I've ever had. I also love the Cashew deluxe. Finally, you can have the beef, chicken, and shrimp with cashews! Look for the restaurant at the north end of Farmington. It shares the parking lot with the National 9 Inn.