“Family luncheon downtown”
Review of The Chile Pod

The Chile Pod
Ranked #10 of 163 Restaurants in Farmington
Reviewed December 5, 2016

The Pod just became out new favorite Mexican eatery. We had heard about it from friends and tried it for lunch just before Thanksgiving. Small, undiscovered, very good.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed December 4, 2016

The food was really good. Had the huevos rancheros and the chili is super tasty. However, they were busy and the service was lacking as result. My order and my husband's order were mixed up somewhat and it was difficult to get refills on drinks.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 2, 2016

I was really glad to find a NM Mexican food restaurant in Farmington. They are all over other towns in NM but so many in Farmington are what I call Tex-Mex or something else.
The Chile Pod is the real deal. I had their chile rellenos and my husband had huevos rancheros and i even got enchiladas with red sauce for home. Their chips and salsa were very good as well.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 17, 2016

I've been to the Chili Pod multiple times and they never disappoint. Their tacos are the best and the combo plate is great too! The salsa is amazing. Going for dinner tonight!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 27, 2016

I was born and raised in Farmington, and was excited to try out this new restaurant. I met my best friend there, and before we could get into our seats we were asked if we wanted appetizers. Without opening the menu, our waitress suggested jalapeno poppers. I love them, and decided that would be great. When they arrived, they were wrapped in bacon!! Only restaurant I've EVER been to that did this. For most people, this might have been a treat. However, I am vegetarian. I explained to the waitress that I didn't want any pork/meat products and sent them back. I ordered the chili rellenos plate (again a vegetarian dish), asked to ensure that the beans were not made with any type of lard or animal fat, and was asked what type of chili I wanted. I wanted it Christmas style of course. When the plate arrived, I noticed pieces of meat floating in the chili. I again called the waitress over and asked if there was meat in their chili. She explained that yes, there is pork. I reminded her that at the beginning of my meal I asked for NO meat products. I sent that back as well. The owner came out to talk to me about this. I explained my dilemma, and my efforts to ensure no meat in my meal. I provided some feedback that no where on her menu does she list that her chili comes with meat in it as a standard. She said that she would take my meal off my bill. I was grateful for this due to all of the inconvenience. When the ticket arrived, my plate was still on the bill. I again called the waitress over, and she said the owner meant that she wasn't going to charge me for the remake plate. WHAT?!?! I told her I couldn't believe that is what she meant. The owner had already left for the day, so they had to call her to confirm. In the end my plate was taken off the bill, but what a hassle. I understand they are a new restaurant, so hopefully the experience will improve as they get going. The wait staff really need some training so that if a guest requests no meat products, they can warn them of those items that have meat. Also, the menu needs to be clear about what is in the dishes. If you're going to put meat in the chili, please list that so that diners can choose what to order and what to avoid. The food was just ok. I have had better Mexican food at other restaurants in the area. I will not be back due to all of the issues, but I do wish them the best of luck as they get going.

Date of visit: August 2016