“Unassuming outside, wonderful inside”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Espanola
Seattle, Washington
“Unassuming outside, wonderful inside”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We drove into Espanola and had a hard time finding this place. The sign is faded and hides behind a chinese restaurant.
Once you get inside, the lobby smells a little musty, so I was really getting worried. To my delight, the room was perfect. Cool and clean and quiet. The staff were very kind and helpful. I would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Adriana S, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at Rodeway Inn in Espanola, NM. Sorry to hear that our lobby did not meet your expectations I will take appropriate measures to correct the problem. I will share your comments with our staff.

Best Regards,
Helen Morfin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The carpet is soiled in the halls. The food remains that were in the hall this morning are still here tonight. The door is almost impossible to open. A very suspicious green pile of residue is on the floor by the vending machine. The wall Paper is aged and distressed. The pool is "out of order" the view from the room is depressing.

On the good side: water has good pressure and is hot. The bed is fine. Pillows are fine. The AC works fine. The tv was ok.

Room Tip: Pray. Good luck.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Adriana S, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to start off by apologizing for the inconvenience that you encountered throughout your stay at the Rodeway Inn in Espanola, NM. I will take appropriate measures to correct the issues.

I hope that you could consider giving us another chance to provide you with a better service.

Helen Morfin

Travelers are raving about these Espanola hotels

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

well, I can tell you that the water is hot and tye vending machine is ok. But found the bed still witch crumbs UNDER my sheets and blankets, multiple mystery stains in and around the bed and multiple different rag-tag patches around the ceiling, that looked to hold back mold spots. As one of my brothers put it, its like a real mexican hotel, don't touch anything that didn't come out of a bottle or package.

• Stayed June 2014
Adriana S, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Rodeway Inn in Espanola NM. Your feed back is very important to us.

At Rodeway Inn we strive to provide superior guest experience, sorry yours did not meet expectations. I will take appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Best Regards,
Evansville
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Perhaps it was the wallpaper visibly peeling off the walls in the lobby or that smokey kinda smell that made me think I getting into a dump. But I had already used up one veto and couldn't risk another with my partner so we stayed here. If I had been blind, this probably wouldn't have been that bad. The bed was actually comfortable with a thick mattress pad and the shower had better than average water pressure. But everywhere I looked, I saw "icky". The front desk clerk's enthusiastic food recommendation "La Cocina" was on par with this hotel so we didn't even try the breakfast room the next day. I had wonderful photos of the dust accumulating in the corners to the missing lightbulbs and, my favorite, two identical wall hangings side by side which at least gave us a few laughs. Unfortunately TripAdvisor's limitations made including them in my review a real pain. Driving through run-down Espanola, I suspect this isn't just a dumpy motel--it's a dumpy city.

Room Tip: Stay in Santa Fe. Avoid Espanola altogether.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Adriana S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Rodeway Inn, in Espanola NM. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Rodeway Inn we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. I will take appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurence.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Monte Vista, Colorado
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Looking through the other reviews for this hotel, it seems like the pool broke sometime around summer 2013. It's now April of 2014 and the pool is still "out of order." What's the point of having a pool if it's never going to get fixed? The entry door on the side of the building off of the first floor hallway was also broken so we had to enter through the main lobby entrance. The front door of the hotel is locked at 8 p.m. so you have to ring a doorbell and wait for the front desk person to come let you in. Room seems clean though except for the holes in the bedding. Overall not bad just for one night

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

At Rodeway Inn we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. I will take appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence and make sure that the problems that occurred during your stay will be resolved.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Not many choices of places to stay in Espanola, which may account for this place still passing as a Comfort Inn. It is in by far the worst shape of any Comfort Inn I have experienced. Lobby reeks of cigarettes and they do have smoking rooms and allow pets which gives the small hotel with indoor corridors an overall foul odor. The walls are paper thin and it is hard to get a good night's sleep between the guests that seem to roam the place at late hours and barking dogs. This place is overall just dingy, dirty, and old. The breakfast was the one highlight, there was juice and waffles among other selections.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for an Anniversary party at the Santa Claran, however I have a family that loves the water and the Santa Claran does not have a pool so I stayed at this comfort inn away from all my family. I called 2 times to confirm other details of our stay not one time did any staff member tell me that their pool was broken. I was checked in and unpacked not any mention of the pool being broke. When we went to swim the door was locked, they finally told me it was broke. I asked for a refund and to cancel our rooms she then told me that since my card was charged there was no guarantee I would get my money back. Horrible dirty rooms, beds were dirty and the breakfast area was so small I just gave up on free breakfast which everything was made by a microwave so really no big loss. Please don't stay here, it's just as much money to stay at the nicer places.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank firefightwife
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
#9 of 60 in Santa Fe
The Lodge at Santa Fe
The Lodge at Santa Fe
#34 of 60 in Santa Fe

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!