“Great New Mexican Food!”

Angelina's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Espanola
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great New Mexican Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have not eaten here in about 10 years, my daughters and I went there this last Saturday for lunch. The food was wonderful, I got rolled cheese enchiladas, my girls got the burrito plate, the side bean and cheese burrito and a bowl of beans and cheese. This is truly what New Mexican food tastes like. The sopapillas were crispy, the chile was perfect ( I got red), we are locals and will be coming here more often. Also the prices were not outrageous, it was $36 for the four of us. The waitress was wonderful she took our order without writing it down and it came out perfect.

• Visited August 2014

Espanola, New Mexico
“Don't have a party”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

On Wednesday, August 11th, 2014 I attended a birthday party for my sister-in-law at Angelina's. the party was in a side room, not on the main restaurant floor. Instead of real tables we were treated to plastic folding tables like the ones you would take camping or find at your neighbors graduation party. Nothing wrong with that by itself, but these tables weren't even covered by table clothes. Very cheesing and cheap. Considering Angelina's is a long established business in Espanola you would think they could afford some real wood tables. Second, there were two types of chairs in the room. Again, this isn't a big deal, but how hard is it to have one type of chair for the party room? We were in the party room waiting for the birthday girl to arrive (it was a surprise party) for about an hour before anyone ever came in and asked if we wanted to order drinks. An hour. No Joke. I could have gone and fetched a waitress but decided to see how long it would take before the staff acknowledged we were there. This party was booked weeks in advance and it appeared one of the normal waitress that was servicing tables on the main floor was responsible for our party, by herself. Our party should have had at least two dedicated wait people and one busboy to fill drinks. Nope. Too hard for the management to figure that out. We ordered our meal about 30 minutes after our drink order was taken. It took over an hour for the food to start trickling in. We ordered on separate checks for each individual family. Rather than fulfill the orders in the order they were placed, the food came in pieces. One plate here, one plate there. The food itself was okay, not good, but okay. I can't entirely blame the waitress for the poor performance. Mot once did I see manager come in and ask how things were or if we needed anything. If it hadn't been for the waitresses running around serving people on the main floor I would have thought we had rented an empty building with one staff member. Very poor service, only okay food, and LOOOOOOOOng wait times. If you are a local do NOT book a party at Angelina's. You will regret it

• Visited August 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great local flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Enjoyed the lamb burrito with red chile as recommended by many over the years. The 2 burritos contain dry ground lamb mixed with chopped jalapenos and other spices for a delicious taste. It was plenty of food, but the plate would have looked a little better with some rice or something more than a little parsley. I'll probably go back, but try something else next time.
The sopapillas are as billed - very impressive.

• Visited July 2014
Espanola, New Mexico
“This is a family restaurant with no pretentions, family owned & operated.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hidden gem of northern New Mexico, Angelina's is always excellent. In over 25 years, I have never had a bad meal, poor service or anything less than a clean environment. Superb red and green chili, wonderful lamb. The best native food in the state. Service is friendly, informative and attentive without being intrusive. Want to change the contents of a plate - no problem. This is one place where the customer is always right. I cannot imagine where Lillian L ate or where she parked her car.

• Visited July 2014
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best red chili ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had the lamb costillas, red chili on the side. The red is the best in northern New Mexico. The meal comes with 2 sopapiallas, hot and freshly made. Anyone can find anything good to eat off the menu. We were seated immediately and our drink order taken, as well. Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant. No where can you get such a delicious lamb dish for less than $10. This is definately Espanola's hidden gem and worth the trip from Santa Fe, or Taos.

• Visited June 2014