“Okay place”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner several times at this place. Breakfast has always been very good and modestly priced. Lunch and dinner have been acceptable after ordering different dishes on the menu. Will go again when in town and not expecting too much. Waitresses are friendly most of the time but stop to talk a little excessively with some local regulars. That's okay but it means less time for the others. Don't get me wrong, it's not a dump in any sense but needs a little sprucing up. Can be very busy at times and not always easy to park a large vehicle.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

If you want real local and authentic New Mexican food this is it. They have a number of lamb dishes which are traditional to the area. Everything was very good. Sopapilla dessert was great. I had the lamb fajitas and it was new and delicious experience.

One strange thing is they let local vendors try to soft sell you their goods while you eat. We had two polite groups approach but it did make us a little uncomfortable. The man behind us just immediately said please leave me alone and they did. This may be best strategy we are just too polite.

1  Thank RowdyRudy
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Be prepared to wait. This is a popular lunch spot and not easy to get into especially on a Sunday.
Their menu has some outstanding selections and the kids will love it as well. Very family oriented and friendly service.

1  Thank John J
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have given this restaurant a glowing review in the past. My wife and I ate there last night, and both service and food quality have deteriorated. Initial service was slow; we were assigned to a both in a section with a table for a party of about 30. The waitress did not advise my wife that there would be substitutions for two item on her combination plate. It was late, so we did not return the plate, but she wished she had. The relleno was stuffed with some gelatinous pretense of cheese, and the lamb in the taco was second rate. My lamb fajitas were amazingly over salted. At checkout, we were not asked about our satisfaction by the waitress while the manager talked with friends in a nearby booth. Another waited asked how the meal was, and laughed when we not it was not up to the usual standards. We have had such satisfaction here we will go back, after a while.

1  Thank patterbrian
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Food is average and not to spicy. Decent variety on the menu - not just Mexican fare. Service is impersonal but quick. Very reasonable prices.

1  Thank arpistone