“Very unassuming, very good”

Jo Ji's Sushi and Teppan Grill
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Espanola
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I eat here frequently but mostly take out. The spicy pork bowl is awesome! My 12 year old son and I have birthdays 2 days apart so we go out for a combined birthday dinner and our tradition has been to go to a Teppan grill. Jo Ji's teppan grill was very good from the amount and taste of the dinner to the entertainment of the chef to the skill of the sushi chef. You can't go wrong at Jo Ji's

1  Thank RadConDave

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I'll start with the good.
1. Asian food in the food desert of Espanola. They get points for even opening the doors.
2. Good portion sizes. You probably wont leave hungry.
3. Decent quality food.

The not so great.
1. Single woman ignored by servers for 10 minutes. One guys played happily on his phone while I sat without water or ordering.
2.The service did not improve after I ordered.I had to go to the sushi bar to get my check and pay.

All in all, it was ok, and Ill probably stop if i'm starving but if possible ill try to make it to santa fe.

1  Thank filmdreamer
Reviewed March 5, 2014

A family owned restaurant that offers Japanese sushi and sashimi in a town that is dominated by
Mexican restaurants. The sushi and sashimi are very good as are the yakitori and other items found on the menu. The Teppan style grills offer cooked seafood and meats. Closed Mondays.
Busy on Friday as well as the weekends. Best to make a reservation. Take out is offered and convenient. A good choice for locals and tourists alike.

3  Thank equine-escapes
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice variety and good food, in Espanola?!? Service was good, I believe it is family owned and operated!?!

2  Thank MrGuyWilly
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I didn't expect sushi in Espanola, but my daughter-in-law who should know recommended it. It also has Japanese steakhouse fare.

It is very good and explanation.

If you eat here, you will also discover one of the secrets of New Mexico restaurants -- the food preparers are Mexican nationals -- irrespective of cuisine.

1  Thank devideviq