“Nice place to stay in Espanola”

Santa Claran Hotel Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Espanola
Florissant, Colorado
“Nice place to stay in Espanola”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was down a few weeks ago and got the hotel/golf package. I thought my room was extremely nice: as good as any of the higher end chain hotels. Had a nice view of the mountains while I was on my little patio having a bloody mary for breakfast. Didn't play much at the casino but was not smoky at all. Had some wings and beers at the bar and although it was karoake night, was not a bad spot to have a cold one. Would stay here again if I'm ever down that way.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank sae_80816
Juan Carlos U, General Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Sae_80816

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. I am honored by your review. We are an independent hotel and we do take a lot of pride in the level of service and the quality of our facilities, but being recognized by our guest is flattering. Please next time stop by and say hello!

At your service,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I do not like casinos and with this one it was no different. The Hotel rooms however and lobby is just fantastic as a place in the middle of Espanhola. Very good and clean for a good price. The only problem is that you must get inside of the casino for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank felipevaz
Juan Carlos U, Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Felipevaz

It was a pleasure to read that even thou you do not like Casino Hotels you got to enjoy the Santa Claran Hotel. We do take a lot of pride in the type of service and the quality of our facilities. I will pass your compliments to the Housekeeping Staff.

Please come see us again.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Was not very impressed with my stay. Yes, the rooms are beautiful, but that's about it. The bed was hard as a rock, only basic cable and zero movie channels, shower had no pressure, and the biggest sin of all NO WIFI. I guess they just want you to spend money in the casino.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank andaub2002
Dear Andaub2002

Thank you for your recent review. I am so sorry we felt short in meeting your expectations. Yes we are in fact a Hotel with a Casino but there is more attraction in our facility such as a Bowling alley, Puye Cliff Dwelings, Home of the Santa Clara Pueblo ancestors, and Black Mesa Golf Course that has been rated in the top 50 of the nation. In regards of the Wi-Fi the good news is that we are in the process of installing Wi-Fi in the entire building for our guest enjoyment. So I hope you can come and "Discover All We Are".

If you need help with your booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

At your service,
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I haven't stayed in the hotel, but I have eaten at the casino restaurant. The food there is some of the best I have ever eaten. I had huevos rancheros for breakfast one morning, and it was an excellent meal. There was a lot of food on the plate and the price was very reasonable. I should have made two meals out of it, but everything tasted so good, I had to finish it all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Blaize S
Thank you for you latest review for the Santa Claran Hotel. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed the meal at our restaurant. I will pass your compliments to the staff and management as well. Hope that next time you have time to stay and experience the hotel as well!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at the hotel during the Women's State bowling tournament and were very impressed with the architecture, the decor, and the spacious rooms and bathrooms at this hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was extremely helpful. It was very convenient to stay here, bowl, and do a little gambling. Highly recommend

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Abqdiesel
Juan Carlos U, General Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Ms. Abqdiesel

Thank you for your recent review of our property! I am so happy to learn that you had time to enjoy yout time while visiting and that you enjoy the decoration, the Casino and most important, the service! We take a lot of pride in the level of service we provide here at the Santa Claran.

Please let us know when you are in town and please come visit again!
Muscatine, Iowa, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed Saturday night through Tuesday night. The hotel and room were very clean. We had a room on the 5th floor with a nice view of the snow capped mountains. It was quiet, comfortable and spacious. There was no bathtub but a large shower in which a 6' tall person can actually use without hitting your head or bending over to get wet.
The casino is in another wing of the building and does not share the hotel entrance. We did eat breakfast in the casino cafe one morning, it was good at a reasonable price and service was excellent. There are also other fast food or local restaurants nearby. We also noticed that security routinely patrolled the parking lot.
You can tell that management has put an emphasis on cleanliness and service, both greatly appreciated by this traveler, and I will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DanTrips
Juan Carlos U, General Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear DanTrips

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Santa Claran Hotel Casino. I was so happy to read this on a Monday, you made my day! Thank you for your compliments to our accommodations. In fact our main focus is to provide the best possible service in a clean environment. We take a lot of pride in the level of service that we provide and in fact has been the factor that differentiate us from our competitors.

I hope I get to know you in person on your next trip to beautiful Española. Thank you again!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great place to stay. The price was excellent! Below $90 dollars for (2) queen size beds. Nicely styled. Exhilarating shower experience. Friendly, cheerful informative staff! Great nights sleep! Even won some money off of the $15.00 upfront players club credit. Ended up taking home $35 dollars, so no complaint's, family took home some money too! Had breakfast at the Hotel restaurant and the New Mexican red chili sauce served with my eggs was divine! A must order and try! Had no problem surfing the net with the complimentary Ethernet cable! Sorry for the late review. Have been busy taking care of ill family member with little or no time to log on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Culturalist
Juan Carlos U, General Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Culturalist

No need for apologies. We thank you for taking the time for giving us the present of your review. We are honored and faltered by it. I am Glad you like the Red Chili we offer at the restaurant but most happy to learn you experienced the Casino and were able to take home some money!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Alamos Entrada Park
The Lodge at Santa Fe
The Lodge at Santa Fe
#34 of 60 in Santa Fe

Been to Santa Claran Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!