“Brand New Local Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Santa Claran Hotel Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Espanola
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We just returned from a visit to Espanola where we stayed in the Santa Claran Hotel. My wife and I were pleasaantly surprised at the spacious accommodations provided by this hotel. Owned and operated by the local pueblo tribe, the Santa Clarans, the rooms are plainly but nicely appointed with modern accoutrements including flat screen TVs and a tiled coffee station in the room. The hotel adjoins the Native American owned and operated casino. Located in the heart of Espanola it is a good starting point for any day trips to Santa Fe, Los Alamos, or Taos. The cost value is outstanding for the average traveler.

Room Tip: I would recommend requestinbg a suite with a balcony. The price is very reasonable and the extra sp...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had taken my Husband and some friends for the weekend of March 3rd for his 50th Birthday. We had been here before and we fell in love with the place. We had excelliant service and all the employees were very friendly. We ate at the cafe and the Black Mesa and both were GREAT!!!!!!! We and our friends are planning our next trip up there soon. I tell everybody to go up there and have a Great time, we did.

Room Tip: We had a great room, both times we've been there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose A
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Hotel Casino - that should have given us a clue about the type of neighboring room occupants we were going to have at 2, 3 and 4 in the morning. A sleepless night forced us to sleep in. I now understand the 12:00 check out time, it is needed to catch up on the sleep lost due to rowdy, violent and disruptive neighbor occupants. If I learned anything it is to investigate the room availability before allowing them to select for me. If the room would have been on a quieter floor, perhaps the stay would have been tolerable but loss of sleep makes all the good qualities unimportant. Expensive lesson -learned.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank C G
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is my second time visiting the Santa Claran Hotel and by far exceeded my expectations. Great staff, clean and comfortable rooms and great service. Thanks again, I will return...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a lovely, clean property. Staff was very friendly. The hotel is attached to a casino so one would expect a very smoky smelling hotel. This was not at all the case. There are a handful of restaurants to choose from right on the property including a nice steak house called Black Mesa.

The only complaints that I have are 1.) the beds are fairly hard. 2.) not enough mirrors in the room. Makes it challenging for rooms with more than one woman to be able to get ready in the morning. 3) rooms are a little dark. More lights/lamps would be great.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank ChantalABQ
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I am staying here for a business trip. I was not sure what to expect since the reviews of the area are confusing. I will be staying here for a very long time so where I stay is important to me.

Well let me tell you, this is in the top 10 of hotels I have stayed in (so far). The check in process was as polite and professional as you could ask for and they were very helpful with local information.

The room was great. I haven't got into bed yet, but from here it looks comfy.

The casino is smoky, but way away from the hotel.

The Hotel decor however, is impressive. Well decorated and I really do like it.

Thank you...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve C
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Isn't it great when you stumble onto a pleasant surprise? I have had the opportunity to spend a few nights in the Santa Claran recently. Great rate and the service was spectacular.
Upon my second visit the staff knew my name and type of room that i preferred. The suite was spacious and perfect to conduct my small business meeting. Twenty minutes from Santa Fe but a world apart in terms of service

Room Tip: The Suites are worth the extra money ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
The Lodge at Santa Fe
#35 of 60 in Santa Fe
Comfort Inn & Suites Los Alamos
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Alamos Entrada Park

Been to Santa Claran Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!