“Birthday weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Espanola
Rio Rancho
“Birthday weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had taken my Husband and some friends for the weekend of March 3rd for his 50th Birthday. We had been here before and we fell in love with the place. We had excelliant service and all the employees were very friendly. We ate at the cafe and the Black Mesa and both were GREAT!!!!!!! We and our friends are planning our next trip up there soon. I tell everybody to go up there and have a Great time, we did.

Room Tip: We had a great room, both times we've been there.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rose A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Hotel Casino - that should have given us a clue about the type of neighboring room occupants we were going to have at 2, 3 and 4 in the morning. A sleepless night forced us to sleep in. I now understand the 12:00 check out time, it is needed to catch up on the sleep lost due to rowdy, violent and disruptive neighbor occupants. If I learned anything it is to investigate the room availability before allowing them to select for me. If the room would have been on a quieter floor, perhaps the stay would have been tolerable but loss of sleep makes all the good qualities unimportant. Expensive lesson -learned.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank C G
Carlsbad, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

This is my second time visiting the Santa Claran Hotel and by far exceeded my expectations. Great staff, clean and comfortable rooms and great service. Thanks again, I will return...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is a lovely, clean property. Staff was very friendly. The hotel is attached to a casino so one would expect a very smoky smelling hotel. This was not at all the case. There are a handful of restaurants to choose from right on the property including a nice steak house called Black Mesa.

The only complaints that I have are 1.) the beds are fairly hard. 2.) not enough mirrors in the room. Makes it challenging for rooms with more than one woman to be able to get ready in the morning. 3) rooms are a little dark. More lights/lamps would be great.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank ChantalABQ
Thomasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I am staying here for a business trip. I was not sure what to expect since the reviews of the area are confusing. I will be staying here for a very long time so where I stay is important to me.

Well let me tell you, this is in the top 10 of hotels I have stayed in (so far). The check in process was as polite and professional as you could ask for and they were very helpful with local information.

The room was great. I haven't got into bed yet, but from here it looks comfy.

The casino is smoky, but way away from the hotel.

The Hotel decor however, is impressive. Well decorated and I really do like it.

Thank you...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Steve C
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

Isn't it great when you stumble onto a pleasant surprise? I have had the opportunity to spend a few nights in the Santa Claran recently. Great rate and the service was spectacular.
Upon my second visit the staff knew my name and type of room that i preferred. The suite was spacious and perfect to conduct my small business meeting. Twenty minutes from Santa Fe but a world apart in terms of service

Room Tip: The Suites are worth the extra money ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Santa Fe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

I utilized a free night stay and had no problem redeeming the coupon. The front desk staff was very accommodating, friendly and fun. The room was spacious, bathroom very spacious. If you are traveling through northern New Mexico and need a place to stay, this would be the place. I have no idea what the regular rate is.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Alamos Entrada Park
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#16 of 60 in Santa Fe

Been to Santa Claran Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!