“Nice place run by nice people”
Review of Inn at the Delta

Inn at the Delta
Ranked #1 of 2 Espanola B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice place run by nice people”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I often come to Espanola and Los Alamos on business and this is where I stay. Great rooms, great food, great friendly people. Last time I came in, I went to Buffalo Thunder first just to see and spent too much for a miserable night so I ended up in the Motel 6 and eating at Sonic.

But next time I'll be back here with the nice people.

Its a ways from Santa Fe but not too bad. If you have business in Espanola and Los Alamos its great.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This is a lovely place. The rooms are beautiful: huge, with tile floors and amazing ceilings. The architecture is pure northern New Mexico, and the furniture is heavily carved Spanish Colonial - quite a treat. The gardens are lovely, the breakfasts are wonderful, and there are fresh flowers from the garden on the tables every morning. We came to hike, and the location couldn't be better. Inn at the Delta is located close to Bandelier, Ghost Ranch, Chama - I could go on and on. But the best thing about the Inn is the owners. Emery and Dolores are warm, friendly, and so charming, and make every effort to ensure your stay is as pleasant and comfortable as possible. They are terrific sources for great hiking opportunities and stories about New Mexico's heritage. We plan to go back and stay longer next time. We just loved it! Thank you, Emery and Dolores!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobsSweetie
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed April 4, 2009

This was one of the nicest places (in so many ways) we have ever stayed. The rooms were impeccably clean & furnished (with hand painted tiles & hand carved furniture). We had the least expensive room, & it was still 700 sq. ft.!!!! Amazing.The owners,( the Garcia family), were more than accomodating; from their openess to the wonderful homeade breakfast burrito's & homeade breads. It may be off the beaten track a bit; about a 1/2 hour from Santa Fe & Taos, but evrything about this place made that seem like a trivial nuisance. I will definately be returning the first chance I get. Thanks again, Garcia's & staff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
Reviewed April 3, 2009

We spent several wonderful days at the Inn at the Delta. The hostesses are gracious, gracious, gracious! Wonderful breakfast burritos with different home-made chile sauces every day. Our room (San Ysidro, #1) was huge @ 700 sq ft, with a big jacuzzi tub. While Espanola did not have that much to offer, it was centrally located for sojourns to Taos, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, etc.

Loved the Inn and was sad to leave! Great facility, great people, great food. Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 17, 2009

I stayed in the San Pedro room #5; huge room, nicely appointed, and very clean. My adult daughter and I selected Inn at the Delta based on the ratings in Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. We used this as our "home base" to visit Taos, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and other nearby points of interest. Our hostess was terrific -- each morning at breakfast they would check in with you to make sure if you had any questions on activities or needed ideas -- they were quick to help. We mentioned wanting to visit an artists flute store (Robert Mirabel) -- and they knew he was in concert that night in Santa Fe -- so we got to see him live -- cool. Breakfast was excellent. The house made granola is terrific - the burritos awesome.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2008

I wanted a quiet, safe, and relaxing B&B in Northcentral NM. I looked at Santa Fe and Taos, but the prices were ridiculous. Then, I looked at the map and saw that Inn at the Delta was close to Abiquiu, Dixon, Santa Fe and Taos. Perfect. I was alone, so only booked a queen room. It was only $100. per night, including breakfast. When I was shown to my room, I thought they had given me a suite by mistake...but no...this is their standard size room! There is an outside patio, a gorgeous sitting area with a kiva fireplace, a big screen TV, a comfortable bed....tons of lovely, handcrafted furniture, ample lighting, a huge bathroom with a whirlpool tub and great, handmade toiletries. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The staff was outstanding...the owner took an interest in each guest. Not only do I plan to return, our friends in Albuquerque want to spend their next anniversary at Inn of the Delta.

• Liked — attention to detail
  • Disliked — surrounding town/city
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Delmar, New York
Reviewed October 24, 2008

This Inn is perfect in every way. Our room was huge and beautiful. The bathroom was luxurious with plentiful, thick towels and lovely handmade soap, and I appreciated the additional sink in the bedroom itself. I was travelling with my teenage son so they graciously made up the convertible sofa for him. The sitting area was cozy and there was a good supply of regional travel information right in the room. The breakfasts were delicious and made to order. They are served in the main house which has so many beautiful regional things to look at including hand made cupboards. The staff was accomodating and sweet.

We used Espanola as our base to go to Taos, Los Alamos, Bandelier, and Chimayo. My only problem was that I wish Espanola had a better selection of restaurants but we did appreciate having a microwave and fridge in the room and were provided with dishes and cutlery to eat a meal we had brought in. I can't wait to go back.

• Liked — gorgeous, luxurious rooms
  • Disliked — lack of restaurant choice in the town
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
Homewood Suites Santa Fe
#11 of 60 in Santa Fe
Hampton Inn & Suites Los Alamos
Comfort Inn & Suites Los Alamos

Been to Inn at the Delta? Share your experiences!