“Nothing less than Amazing!”
Review of Inn at the Delta

Inn at the Delta
Ranked #1 of 2 Espanola B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband, our five young children and I stayed at the Inn at the Delta last summer for three short nights. (I wish we could have stayed so much longer). The Inn is only about a 25 minute drive north of Sante Fe, so it's a fantastic gem situated outside the bustle of Santa Fe. From the beginning of our stay, right up to the minute we pulled out of the parking lot everything was perfect! We arrived late in the evening the first night of our stay (our 11 hour drive turned into 14 because of traffic delays) and the owners of the inn graciously stayed there until we arrived to show us to our room. Once we arrived they helped us carry all our luggage to the room and even helped wake the children and get them situated. The room was huge and very beautifully decorated. There was more than enough room to accomodate the seven of us. When we arrived to breakfast the next morning we were pleasantly surprised at how delicious the food was. There was an assortment of cereals and fruits and the most delicious breakfast burritos I have tasted yet. Mary helped my children fix their bowls of fruit and cereal and kept them occupied while my husband and I finished our meals. We mentioned we were going hiking that day to Seven Falls and she sent a large bag of "goodies" with us to snack on during the day. Everyone we came in contact with at the Inn made us feel like family and welcomed us with open arms. The grounds and the room were meticulously kept.
When we left, I asked about getting some of the homemade soaps that are in the bathrooms, only to find they didn't have them in the size I wanted. To my surprise, when we arrived home a week later (after the end of our vacation) there was an envelope full of soaps in the size I had asked for. I don't know if they had special ordered extra, but it was definitely a great surprise that solidified my excellent opinion of the Inn at the Delta.

My only regret is that I don't get to go back this year!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2008

What a surprise. This establishment has the personal family touch, and for very reasonable prices. The rooms are huge, and wonderfully furnished in southwestern style. The service of the staff is fantastic, from initially walking you to your room to offering local assistance during your travels. The included breakfast is made to order on the spot, including with homemade sauses and recipes. I am so impressed that I would stay here and commute to other areas.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed May 12, 2008

A friend and I spent a week at the Inn. Before the end of the first day, we were calling it home. The rooms are very spacious, and nicely appointed - the staff is friendly and helpful - and the breakfast is very good. The location of the Inn is very centrally located for the Northern New Mexico area and was a wonderful home base for all of our travels. I will return again and again and would recommend it to anyone. The rooms are large, the furniture is interesting and authentic, and they are well appointed with plenty of seating area as well as the comfortable beds. I would say "stay at the Inn at the Delta, you will not be disappointed".

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank jlgrich
Reviewed February 3, 2008

Outstanding is my review. The room was absolutely beautiful, clean, and spacious (in other words the room was huge!). It wasn't your ordinary room like the other motels/hotels (won't mention names) but the room had ambience, cultural motiff. It had all the taste and flavor of the southwest. Now let me mention the owners---what outstanding people. They made us feel at home and took extremely great care of us. ex: Dolores (owner) had known my husband and I were going on a trip on the train, leaving really early in the morning. Around 9 pm she stopped by our room with breakfast that we could warm up in the morning so we wouldn't leave on a empty stomach! Never had that happened to us before! I was truely impressed and felt like we were part of a family. Their dining room ambience was also special not only the design but the people and the breakfast---YUM! Dolores and Emery (wife and husband, owners) are not only entrepreneurs but down to earth people that make you feel that there is home away from home!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank d61656
Reviewed December 2, 2007

My wife & I spent five nights at the Inn at the end of a trip in Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico.

We booked the Inn at the Delta from Tripadvisor recommendations, and we were not disappointed. We received a tremendous welcome, and felt at home from the moment we stepped into the main reception/office.

Our room was huge, spacious, very comfortable, and spotlessly clean, with lovely furniture, artwork and traditional tiled floors. The bathroom was also huge with a whirlpool tub and shower over.

The owners and staff were very kind and generously offered us freshly picked plums and peaches every day, as well as offering to pack up breakfast items for us to take for later in the day.

Breakfast was just wonderful, and included their home made 'signature' chilli burritos, homemade granola, and a different cake each day.

All the staff were so friendly and made us feel like part of the family - nothing was too much trouble.

Anthony's restaurant next to the hotel, owned by family members, serves excellent good value food. We dined in the restaurant every night.

We found the room rates amazingly cheap for the quality of the accommodation - much cheaper than an equivalent standard in Santa Fe or Taos.

We wanted to visit several places in the area, and Espanola and the Inn was a perfect central location for Santa Fe, Taos, Bandelier National Monument, etc.

If in Espanola do call in at the historic Chimayo Trading Post, which relocated to Espanola several decades ago. It's like entering a time warp, simply amazing & facinating to wander around the place.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2007

We spent one night here on a weeklong trip to New Mexico. The first glimpse from the road was a little deceiving - the Inn is towards the back of the property in a commercial area. But once we entered the garden that leads to the main building of the inn, and later saw our room, we realized we were in for the highlight of our vacation. The room was huge - more like a suite. And the decor with all of the tile and handcarved furniture was really something special. All of the staff were so friendly and hospitable, offering suggestions for restaurants and places to see in the area, that we felt very much at home. And the breakfast we had before leaving was wonderful - delicious chile burritos, fruit, and tasty homemade bread. We would definitely stay here again if we come back to this area. My boyfriend labelled his pictures of this inn "The Palace."

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tucker-Traveler
Reviewed August 4, 2007

This is a wonderful place. We had high expectations given the great reviews, but those were exceeded on arrival. The proprietors are some of the most gracious people I've ever met. The room was exceedingly large, the property exceptionally clean and well maintained. There was a great breakfast. We will definitely stay here again when in the area. Trip Advisor needs a special higher standard for places this--it rates a 10!

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank Ark7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Homewood Suites Santa Fe
#10 of 60 in Santa Fe
Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
#51 of 60 in Santa Fe
Downtown
Inn on the Alameda
Inn on the Alameda
#2 of 60 in Santa Fe

Been to Inn at the Delta? Share your experiences!