“Sierra Del Rio Restaurant Review”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sierra del Rio Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Snuggled just six miles from the base of Turtleback Mountain and sprawling throughout the wide open landscapes of the high desert, Sierra Del Rio honors the majestic spirit of the wild southwest. Located in Elephant Butte, NM within the 1,000 plus acres of Turtleback Mountain Resort, Sierra Del Rio Golf Course, is an 18-hole championship facility with full amenity clubhouse. Sierra Del Rio is home to the New Mexico Shootout where players such as Nancy Lopez, Natalie Gulbis, and Rosie Jones have challenged the course.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I will be blunt, this place SUCKS. We had a group of 45 people drive 80 miles from Las Cruces, NM for a car rallye and lunch. Sierra Del Rio was phoned well ahead of time to advise the restaurant that 45 people would be attending lunch. We arrived at 1:00PM, and there was NO waiter/waitress available for our group. Sierra Del Rio sent a man up from the Pro Shop to wait tables. A kitchen staffer was also sent in. There was NO menu presented to any of the guests. Some guests had to wait 30 minutes for water or a drink like Iced Tea to be served. After 30 minutes orders were just being taken. There was no eating utensils or napkins provided until one guest asked for a spoon to stir sugar into the iced tea. Once ordering, the food delivery took up to 1 1/2 to be delivered. The service was aweful. The food selection was provided verbally as no menus were available. The kitchen staffer's uniform was extremely dirty and he should not have had to wait tables or be present in the dining room area. The food delivered (mostly sandwiches) were dry and no condiments of any kind was available or even offered. After ordering one hour prior, I told the server to cancel the order, I was not going to wait any longer for a hamburger (mini sliders) to be served. The waiter from the ProShop stated that everyOne would get a 10% discount DUE TO THE LONG WAIT AND POOR SERVICE. No checks were offered as the server simply took the original food order on scratch pad. Once the food was delivered the servers had to "yell out" the name of the lunch plate and determine where it went. This place was so disorganized. Mangement needs to conduct a total review of the food service/restaurant operations. I could never suggest this facilty to anyone. I am sure they make their money from the golf/green fees, not the the food. For a golf club resort, this placed was Terrible!, thus a rating of 1 out of a possible 5.

1  Thank formularacer

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We played this course at the end of September. We had no advance warning of the greens being aerated and top dressed other wise I would not have booked a tee time. They did give us discount because of the greens. One thing that was out of their control was the outrageous swarms of mosquitoes due to the recent rains that they had. Between the greens and mosquitoes it did not make for an enjoyable round. The course itself was nice and I will have to think long and hard before I would drive 2 hours from Albuquerque again.

1  Thank Dragonass
Reviewed September 3, 2013

With a rather limited menu, this restaurant has much improved under new management. Weather permitting, sit out on the deck and enjoy your food while overlooking the beautiful golf course. Located in the small desert town of Elephant Butte, NM, the green manicured turf is a pleasant escape for dinner. The food is good and the full bar is enjoyable in the evening.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Holy Cow. What a great golf course. One of the best in New Mexico. I stayed at the Comfort Inn and got a coupon to only play for $45 and it included range balls and a cart. I will be making special trips to just play the course. The food at the club house was also great. The "Green" is the best.