“Golf is fantastic! Restaurant needs help”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sierra del Rio Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Snuggled just six miles from the base of Turtleback Mountain and sprawling throughout the wide open landscapes of the high desert, Sierra Del Rio honors the majestic spirit of the wild southwest. Located in Elephant Butte, NM within the 1,000 plus acres of Turtleback Mountain Resort, Sierra Del Rio Golf Course, is an 18-hole championship facility with full amenity clubhouse. Sierra Del Rio is home to the New Mexico Shootout where players such as Nancy Lopez, Natalie Gulbis, and Rosie Jones have challenged the course.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Course is great, challenging and fun. Restaurant is open for limited hours, only till 7 pm so when we finished our round we were turned away. We did try again another day to eat here and food is mediocre at best. Basic sandwiches and they didn't have all the ingredients for my sandwich but failed to tell me before bringing it to me. Hmm?
Bar is very loud with a lot of drunk old men aka regulars.
I would definitely play golf here, just eat elsewhere

1  Thank Betsy P

Reviewed May 19, 2013

First time to play at this course for me on the recommendation of my companion who had played before. The drive from Ruidoso, NM was nice, not too long & coming into the drive to the clubhouse was beautiful!!! What a surprise to find something this gorgeous in the desert. We ate on the patio before our round of golf & our server was very good as was the food. The rates were reasonable & each hole was unique & fair. My favorite part was hearing quail on EVERY hole & the peacefulness of the whole experience added to the wonderful memories made!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The two-hour drive from Albuquerque to Sierra del Rio was well worth it. The course, as usual, is well maintained and challenging and the service was exceptional. My son and I enjoyed our experience so much that we played 45 holes of golf over two days. Of particular note is the hospitality availed by Mr. Jake Saxton--the Director of Golf. He spent several minutes of his valuable time encouraging my son as he looks forward to beginning college next fall and pursuing a PGM program.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We love the restaurant at Sierra Del Rio. We haven't golfed in years, but we love to come to the restaurant. They have a huge out door deck to sit on on nice days, and a real nice indoor seating area as well. The views are awesome. We've been here about a dozen times, and the food has always been real good, reasonable price, great atmosphere, great staff. Would highly recommend to others and do regularly!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I come to T or C for art, hot water and that bohemian funkyness it has so is never visited the golf course. And I don't play golf. But the resteraunt in the club house was recomended to me and so I thought " what the Hey ? " glad I did. Very nice. Very classy. But reasonable prices and a great setting. New, clean and clearly well run. Only issue ; I was the only person on the deck. Maybe a little slack on the no dog rule the next time. And yes there will be a next time

2  Thank Santafesoaker