“Get there early”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Get there early”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Orlandos was recommended to us by a local. It is a small very casual restaurant and has lovely décor. You should plan on getting there near opening time if you don't want to wait for a place to sit. The day we were there was a bit chilly and we were cold the whole time we were there. The server was nice but didn't have a lot of time for us. The chips and salsa they served was good, but the salsa was a little too spicy for me. When I asked if they had something milder, I was told it was the only salsa they served. I had the taco salad which came in a crisp flour tortilla which was very good. It was topped with a cucumber pico de gallo which I had not had before and fell in love with. Would go there again and maybe sit outside by the fire pit!!

• Visited October 2013

Dallas Texas
“Best Mexican Food in Town”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hands down, the best New Mexican food I've had in long time. The Los Colores plate was to die for. Three rolled blue corn enchiladas, one chicken with green chile, one beef with red chile, and one cheese with chile caribe. It came with beans and posole. Our waitress was on the ball, great service. Customers were a nice mix of locals and tourists. The restaurant is north of town, away from the tourist traps. It's a little cramped, the décor is a tad tacky and the parking is a challenge. It was all worth it, I can't wait to go back. I might try to dine on the patio next time, have a feeling I'll be ordering the enchiladas again though.

• Visited October 2013
Calais, Vermont
“The best Mex in Taos !”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Went to this cafe 9 yrs. ago w/ my daughter and loved it then. Was just back out for her wedding and my New England family said they wanted authentic Mexican so we drove to Taos and i managed to find Orlandos again . It was so worth it , everyone loved the food and we bought shirts and take out to bring back to our cabins . The men in the family love it HOT and they were totally satisfied . This was a highlight of the trip for the N.E. crew and a memorable time w/ family. Everything is well prepared and the portions are generous . The staff are extremely courteous and helpful and the decor is just plain fun !

1 Thank vermontliskat
Westcliffe, Colorado
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This little "hole in the wall" has astounding food....if you wan TRUE Mexican...go here. The "make your own bowl" was a gastronomical delight! had a lunch that carried me thru dinner and the prices are reasonable. The wait staff was attentive and I cannot think of a single "poor" comment. The restroom is sort of weird....you have to walk around the kitchen. I had 2 people recommend and it did not disappoint!

Tampa
“One the recommendation of a local, we tried Orlando's New Mexican Cafe”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Wow, is all we can stay. We stopped in the little village of Arroyo Seco on the way back from seeing Taos Sky Valley looking for good Mexican Restaurant. The owner of one of the very nice art gallery shops in the town told us to go towards Taos, not the Sky Valley, but the actual town of Taos and there we would find a small, quaint restaurant, but she warned "you might have to wait as it is very small." To our surprise we found the restaurant and were seated immediately. As we were visiting with one another we noticed a fire pit outside and it dawned on us that it was for overflow...and boy was it needed. When we arrived at 5pm we were one four or five tables that were filled. Within ten minutes the place was completely full and a crowd had gathered at the fire pit to keep warm as they awaited their turn to eat delicious Mexican meals. Rick ordered Chicken Fajitas and I ordered Los Colors, which is a dish of three enchiladas each with a different chili sauce. As the orders came out, I soon realized it was very hot Mexican food. This I discovered by the way reading articles on how good the food was while awaiting the restroom. This restaurant has a big following among the locals in New Mexico. Anyway, Richard had wanted what I ordered but didn't want to order the same thing, so we exchanged meals and both of us were more than satisfied. It was a great dinner. The place as character. The service was excellent. This restaurant made for an excellent end to our first day in New Mexico!