“Excellent Food.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went to Orlandos while visiting Taos and we were certainly glad we did. The food was great (the green chiles were mild enough even for me). We sat outside and it was wonderful.
The wait staff was attentive and even though the tables are close it wasn't excessively loud. This is must do when you're visiting Taos.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a very casual little New Mexican "hole in the wall" type of restaurant. I arrived for a late lunch. The greeting and seating at the restaurant were lacking. I finally asked if I could be seated. The service was not very attentive. I ordered a traditional New Mexican dish -- stacked enchiladas and asked that it be topped with a fried egg (a New Mexican preference). No chips or salsa were served with the dish, so I asked a passing wait person (not my wait person) for a few chips to eat with my dish. The enchilada dish was ok, but not a good example of better New Mexican food. I was very hungry, so ate it all. However, I couldn't help feel guilty to have wasted calories on such a mediocre dish. Maybe other dishes on the menu would better represent the quality of the restaurant. I do not know and will not go back to find out.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is amazing. Affordable, close to town, and great atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and the food is simply delicious. The red chili is less spicy which is good for me since I can't handle spice. But, my boyfriend ate the green chili which was very spicy and he can handle anything hot. I recommend you give it a try. You won't regret it.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was our first visit to Orlando's and we could not have been more pleased. Food was amazing! Staff was great, atmosphere perfect! Great for families. Will be a must go everytime we visit Taos from now on. Could not have been better!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We first experienced Orlando's about six years ago and thought it was the most outstanding Mexican Food we had ever had. Yes, there is something about northern New Mexican cuisine that makes it wonderful. We vowed to return and that's what we did on a recent trip. They didn't disappoint. There's always going to be a wait since this place is so popular. The amazing thing is that the customers come from all over the country. We met a young couple from Boston who were trying Orlando's for the first time. I'm sure they were as happy with the food as we were.