“WOW - must experience Orlando's while in Taos”

Orlando's New Mexican Cafe
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in El Prado
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Urban Spoon app recommended Orlando's so we had to see for ourselves. Loved it so much we went back three times in 2 days! There was a wait in the evening but the owner built a cozy fire out front and we met great people from all around the world who were there to experience Orlando's too. I'm still thinking about the great red/green chili. Mmmmm.(We also went to the la-di-dah place on the Plaza, and actually preferred Orlando's!)

There are newer reviews for Orlando's New Mexican Cafe

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Where to start, from the comfortable and sunny patio area to the colorful interior, you will not be disappointed. Although there are many choices on the menu, no matter when I go I must treat my pallet to the cheesy, chile relleno. Being from Texas, I eat a wide variety of foods, but Orlandos has the best chile relleno i have ever had. Make sure you get some Posole!!! I highly recommend this as a must stop when you are traveling through Angel fire or Taos.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

It was so good that we ate here twice in two days.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stopped at a convenience store to ask about a local diner that served goof food. Orlando's was recommended. It's a really small place with a unique Taos-style decor. They had a small fire-pit right outside the front doors that served as the waiting area; such a unique and interesting idea.

The owner was present and was very friendly, as were the waitstaff. The food was great: we had the Combination Plate with blue-corn cheese enchilada, chili relleno, beans, posole, and a blue-corn soft taco; it was great!! I have lived in NM for almost 17 years and this is my first time visiting Orlando's; it easily ranks in my top-5 favorite NM diners!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We chose this restaurant on the recommendation of some locals. First tip is that if you arrive on a busy night, and the waiting line is long, don't worry, it moves fast. We were there on a cool evening and could not get a seat around the big wood fire outside (waiting area 1) so we waited in the tent with heater (waiting area 2). Met some friendly people and before we knew it, we were seated for dinner. Good food, large portions, efficient service. Loved it. Wish we had some restaurants like that back home.