“Fun Place”

Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in El Prado
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Taos Mesa Brewing is a microbrewery, restaurant & indoor/outdoor "brewclub" on the spectacular Taos Mesa. We feature hand-crafted beer on draught, wine, delicious homemade food, premier live music & the best mountain-view sunsets in Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The beer was very good and they had a nice selection. It seemed to be more full of locals than tourists. Place was quite large so it wasn't really noisy. Had a beautiful sunset the night we were there as the sun sets over the mountains. They had music but it ended kind of early (can't recall exact time, but around 9:30). You can eat there but we came after dinner for a beer. Everyone was very friendly. Worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Taos Mesa Brewing

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great beer, fun place in a great different type of building and I did see they do have music at night on stage . Friendly staff and a place to eat/drink outside as well as an area to have some outdoor fun!

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by this unusual brewery to taste the beer and have lunch. The building is a very interesting design, complete with inside and outside stages, pool tables, inside and outside eating areas and a very cute resident named honey. The wheeler peak wheat beer and great scot Scottish ale is a good choice. I had the super gyro and I wasn't overly pressed with it. My husband had the chili cheese burger and he said it was very good. I would certainly go again and try another sandwich.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This was an awesome little find. I was expecting a plain ba though this place is awesome. They have a few stages for music. The outdoor seating is great plus they have frisbee golf, a volleyball court, and pool tables to keep you entertained while you are hanging around. I reccomend the Scottish ale it is quite tasty. So if you like beer and a great atmosphere make this a stop on your trip to Taos.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm going to skip right to dessert: eat the key lime pie!!! Eat the chocolate ganache!!! Heck, eat them both!!

What a nice surprise to find healthy menu options in a brewpub - not that I ordered any of them. But I would have like to! I did have a great Thai salad, crispy crab frittes that were tender and melt in your mouth delicious on the inside with a gooey seafood dipping sauce, an awesome burger, "is this bread fresh baked??", and a perfectly seasoned and cooked blackened fish po boy.

But: the desserts trump. Have I mentioned this? :)

I'm not a beer drinker, but I did give the wheat beer a try, and I actually liked it.

I didn't exactly feel liked by the bartender, he had no interest in conversation and just wasn't in a great mood. I did feel liked by the locals: I ended up hanging out at a picnic table with a wonderful group of people that I hope become friends. And across that same table, I stared at an incredible vista of mountains the entire time.... it's a view not to be missed.