“A great find”

Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in El Prado
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Taos Mesa Brewing is a microbrewery, restaurant & indoor/outdoor "brewclub" on the spectacular Taos Mesa. We feature hand-crafted beer on draught, wine, delicious homemade food, premier live music & the best mountain-view sunsets in Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This was an awesome little find. I was expecting a plain ba though this place is awesome. They have a few stages for music. The outdoor seating is great plus they have frisbee golf, a volleyball court, and pool tables to keep you entertained while you are hanging around. I reccomend the Scottish ale it is quite tasty. So if you like beer and a great atmosphere make this a stop on your trip to Taos.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm going to skip right to dessert: eat the key lime pie!!! Eat the chocolate ganache!!! Heck, eat them both!!

What a nice surprise to find healthy menu options in a brewpub - not that I ordered any of them. But I would have like to! I did have a great Thai salad, crispy crab frittes that were tender and melt in your mouth delicious on the inside with a gooey seafood dipping sauce, an awesome burger, "is this bread fresh baked??", and a perfectly seasoned and cooked blackened fish po boy.

But: the desserts trump. Have I mentioned this? :)

I'm not a beer drinker, but I did give the wheat beer a try, and I actually liked it.

I didn't exactly feel liked by the bartender, he had no interest in conversation and just wasn't in a great mood. I did feel liked by the locals: I ended up hanging out at a picnic table with a wonderful group of people that I hope become friends. And across that same table, I stared at an incredible vista of mountains the entire time.... it's a view not to be missed.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Taos now has a great option for those who like good, fresh and tasty food and local brew... Definitely worth the short jaunt out of town to the mesa for incredible views and good people.
A couple nice wine/sangria options also. Try the lamb gyros and if you like it hot & spicy try the larb salad. SPICY! Music venue is great. Love the atmosphere.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Have taken friends out for the newest local brewery but my favorite is the hot mulled wine. Live performances by local musicians most nights. Plenty of seating inside and the outdoor patio. They're always up for trying new events and gatherings.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Food was good, service very, very slow. We sat on the patio and even though the signs read "no smoking on patio" several people were smoking and no one said any thing to them. Final review: just OK.