“Yes! Sushi in Taos!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Yes! Sushi in Taos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We love sushi, and couldn't believe there was sushi in Taos. Based on previous Tripadvisor reviews decided to give it a shot. Externally not prepossessing and very small inside - no reservarations taken. But sushi was excellent, in fact we over ordered! Green tea delicious. Service little slow, but place was full. We made two visits while we were here. Give it a go!!

Visited March 2014

Taos, New Mexico
“Great Sushi in Taos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Don't miss this restaurant if you like Japanese food. You will be surprised to find such a hidden gem in Taos. Great sushi and friendly atmosphere.

Visited December 2013
Corrales, NM
“Supermarkets offer better Sushi”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had the misfortune to dine at this miserable restaurant in El Prado near Taos. The Sushi that I had was absolutely the worst I have ever had. Even our local Sprouts market offers better Sushi. The only thing worse than the Sushi was the attitude of the waitress who brought the menu to me and when I asked her a question she said,"I'm busy right now" and ambled away with her flippers in tow.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jacob K
Dallas, Texas
“So much better than it has to be; great satisfier of your sushi cravings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Do not hesitate to indulge your sushi cravings while in Taos; Sushi a la Hattori could hold its own in many much-larger cities. I tend to like their nigri sushi better than their rolls, but that may be just my own personal preferences in sushi. Hamachi, maguro and fresh salmon are particularly excellent. I also like the salmon skin salad -- but be sure to order it "non-spicy" if you want a traditional version. Cooked dishes that I've tried have been very good, and they have a great bento lunch special on Fridays that attracts even a lot of non-sushi eaters. I believe the owners originally came from San Diego, where they had a sushi restaurant. I heard they were looking to "semi-retire" when they moved to Taos, but the restaurant has been going gang-busters since it opened. Doesn't hurt that it has a wonderful view of Pueblo Mountain (also called Taos Mountain).

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Boston, Massachusetts
“When it was still crowded after lunch we knew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was well worth eating at…and the setting was amazing…worth the visit …. then … the food….fresh attractive quantity worth the price…eat outside if you can ..the view is worth the price of the food…Taos roll….California roll all were very fresh and tasty …fresh wasabi too….

• Visited August 2013