“Fall Foliage Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gold Pan Motel

Gold Pan Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eagle Nest
Gold Pan Motel
You added Gold Pan Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Eagle Nest
Amarillo
“Fall Foliage Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was pretty skeptical at first, but when I met the owners, I knew my mom and I were in the right place! Neat and clean, very comfortable beds, but I felt that I had gone back in time a little bit. I really didn't mind because I felt at home. Only stayed one night, went across the street for dinner and left early the next morning. Very nice people that run the place, reasonable for the area, and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank krispiekreme

Business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

after reading others reviews, we had to stop in and see for ourselves. Luckily for us we arrived on the first day of reopening. We enjoyed the night's sleep, with all facilities in our room so much we decided to stay a second night. The hosts were extremely friendly and helpful.

A couple of very quiet nights sleep at a very very reasonable right. Less than $45 per night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Allan C
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

A piece of paradise tucked away in mountains comfortable cozy rooms. Their hospitality is second to none.Shopping; Sight Seeing; Wildlife Viewing; Walking; Restaurants; Churches; Scenic Drives .... of home but with great scenery , Mountain views are spectacular, and all the fresh air can want, will make your vacation very relaxing

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great Motel in the middle of town. Very clean I did not see any bugs. Great rates. The new owners for the past 2 years, Tom and Pam are very friendly and helpful make you feel right at home. They are currently updating rooms. They now have flat screen tvs, wireless internet service and much more. Picnic tables and bbq area where we cooked each night. I would highly reccomend this Motel.

I am glad I did not listen to what the outdated reviews had to say. I would think Trip Advisor would delete these 3 year old comments. It is not fair to the new owners who have done so much to make the Motel a comfortable clean place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

We stayed a night here on the way back to southern NM from northern Colorado. We had spent decent money on a trip to the Rockies, so we decided to stay somewhere very cheap on the return trip home. Now, I'm not a princess when it comes to motels. I actively seek out non-chain hotels and motels, most of which are among the cheaper options in town. I've had great fun in kitchy-cheap motor courts. This place, not so much.
The room furnishings were to be expected; old but serviceable. The carpet was old and industrial. The shower looked terrible; it was a weird old one-piece metal unit in bad condition. No one in may family was remotely interested in trying it out. There was a spiderweb in the bathroom from the toilet brush to the wall (I'll let you draw the conclusions there). There were small insects here and there, which I wouldn't generally mind in a mountain area such as this. There were, however, ROACHES at night. I woke up to go to the restroom and a few brown roaches scurried around. YUCK! I found one in my luggage when we got home. Also, the sheets had this strange smell I kept trying to place, and finally figured it out; lemon pledge. The sheets strongly smelled like someone had tried to "freshen" them with lemon pledge. I had my own pillow and a small blanket which I used on top of the bed. I couldn't get out of this place fast enough.

For positives, the location was nice, and the owners seemed like nice people. No matter of location or service trumps roaches, however.

Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Cinnamontoastgirl
So. California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

The owner Kathleen is a very kind and warm person, We got in especially late and Kathleen made special arrangements for us to have access our room. Thanks Kathleen :)
The rooms are comfortable and set up with all of the comforts of home. The kitchen comes with a stove, mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker (coffee, sugar and creamer), & toaster, as well as dishes & pots and pans. The bedding fits the ambiance of a cabin, with clean linnen and towels.
Although we only stood one night we had a great time and are looking forward to going back.. We told all our family & friends in NM and Colo.
In the morning we noticed a picnic area with BBQ pits and an incredible scenery.
See you next summer!
This place is GREAT FOR A ROMANTIC GETAWAY!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank mzkittykat
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

The motel is located on the main drag and is close enough to everything. The motel is an older motel but it is well kept. The owners are very friendly couple. The rooms are located in an enclosed yard with a couple of picnic tables and BBQ's for the guests use. It was a nice place to stay and will return again in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Alpine Lodge & Hotel
Alpine Lodge & Hotel
#3 of 8 in Red River
4.5 of 5 stars 201 reviews

Been to Gold Pan Motel? Share your experiences!