“We visit at least once a year”
Review of Laguna Vista Lodge

Laguna Vista Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Eagle Nest
Lubbock, TX.
“We visit at least once a year”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very happy with Laguna Vista Lodge. At least once a year we go to Eagle Nest to fish along the Cimarron Creek, and have stayed with Laguna for the past 10 years or so. Sue and John are very pleasant and easy to work with, and the cleaning service does a good job. The Lodge is situated at the Historic Restaurant & Saloon which has its own interesting history. Shopping is easily within walking distance. If you want to travel the surrounding area, it’s in the Magic Circle.
I have always recommended the Laguna Vista Lodge to others, and now that I can put this on Trip Advisor, hopefully others will visit. We will return next year again, and look forward to seeing the very lovely Sue and having a cigar with John.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dknolte
LagunaVistaLodge, Front Office Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for the great review, we also enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you next year. Sue and John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed June 5, 2012

It is most difficult for me to put to words the extraordinary time I had while spending a week at this destination. First off, everyone that I met was extremely pleasant and had no reservations in conversing with a complete stranger. From my initial conversations about my reservation with Sue (extremely lovely lady) to the last round at the saloon with Melissa (equally as lovely), I could not have more pleased with the interactions I encountered. I met many people, made some new friends and have been welcomed back again and again. I was even lucky enough to be a part of Patty's (another beautiful person) birthday celebration in the saloon. I think it was her 29th, but I don't remember. ;-)

The tiny village of Eagle Nest NM is a gorgeous patriotic place (flags flying everywhere) and a perfect get away for us City dwellers who wish to get back in touch with the great outdoors, nature, great people and some colorful personalities.

I spent time fishing in Eagle Nest Lake as well as fly fishing the Cimarron River just outside of town, it was all great fishing. I even encountered a bear while fishing the river. That was a very memorable moment of my trip.

The restaurant was really, really nice, the food was awesome and the pies, well, the best I have ever tasted, seriously!

I stayed in Sportsman cabin #6 and it was extremely comfortable. The girls did a great job in changing the towels when ever I needed, cleaned the cabin and made my bed each day. There is satellite TV in each room but I never turned it on for the week I was there. My goal was to check out from all of that outside "interference" from the world and it was easy to do there.

I could not recommend Laguna Vista Lodge more highly. Great people, location, service, food and ammenities. First class!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Headfirst1955
LagunaVistaLodge, Front Office Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review, we look forward to seeing you again too. Sue
Austin
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My mother and I were looking for a unique, enjoyable place to stay in the Taos area and found the Laguna Vista Lodge to be just what we needed. Unfortunately we were unable to follow through on the reservation but Sue was highly professional and very accommodating. Most reviews are about the visit but making the reservations is a constant so I wanted to share this one. Quick email responses, solid information, and a professional tenor made the whole process comfortable. I imagine the visit would have echoed that process. We're certainly looking forward to finally being able to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need -- Sue is willing to do all she can to, for example, get you a first floor roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jlwAustin
LagunaVistaLodge, Front Office Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope you can make plans to visit us in the future. We look forward to it. Sue
Crowley, TX
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I just recently stayed at the Laguna Vista Lodge in Cabin #20. It was very clean and cozy -- had a comfortable King bed; 2 chairs, tv/dvd player; desk/chair, small frig and bathroom with a shower (no tub). We had plenty of room and it is located near the Eagle Nest Lake, with beautiful mountain views. The Eagle Nest area is so pretty and about an hour's drive from Taos, near good hiking trails and not far from the Angel Fire area. The owners were very nice. It was very quiet and comfortable here -- we would recommend and would definitely stay again. (Note:this particular cabin does not allow cooking inside of it, so if that is important to you, I believe they do have cabins with kitchenettes that you can ask for.) We got a tremendous deal (with a good rate for 2 nights and the 3rd night we took advantage of the "birthdate" special...in which they only charge a rate for the 3rd night based on the year you were born...in my case-it was $19.57 plus tax). Wish other places would do that! It definitely helps....this is a good place to stay!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TXLuv2Travel
LagunaVistaLodge, Front Office Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. We all hope you can come back and see us again when you can stay longer. Hope your grandson is feeling better. Sue
Elburn, IL
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Please bear with me but this is my first time reviewing anything and I just recd a note from TripAdvisor asking if there was anything that I would like to review. Actually, I’m glad that I did receive this note as it brought back some amazing memories from my visit to the Eagles Nest, NM area. Let me start by telling you a little about me to give you a frame of reference. I travel quite frequently and have stayed at many luxury resorts and hotels. As many of my fellow road warriors will probably agree, travel is a necessary evil and not a “perk” that many non-travelers think.

That being said, when I travel with family, I prefer to take the road less traveled which fortunately lead me to the Laguna Vista Lodge in Eagles Nest, New Mexico. Our family enjoys more active vacations and just about everything outdoors so for that, I don’t think you could ask for a better location than the Laguna Vista Lodge. We hiked, fished, enjoyed mountain biking and at the end of each day were greeted by an amazing gal at the hotel. When I asked if I could get more coffee for the room they loaded me up. That's always been on thing that drives me nuts. Dont you hate it when you spend $250+/night for a hotel room and get two individual coffee servings? Glad to report, thats not what they do here. The old western style, decent rooms, great food, town and atmosphere was just outstanding. My kids are just turned 17 and 13 and they are ready to return to this Brigadoon in New Mexico. If you are looking for a “non touristy” destination run by real people check this out. We really enjoyed it…

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Akey65
LagunaVistaLodge, Front Office Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so happy you had a great time here at our Lodge. We hope you and your family can visit us again real soon.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The Hotel Staff is very accomadating, the rooms are good size and the food at the restaraunt is very well priced and delicious, especially the breakfast! Nice town and great scenery by the lake.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
LagunaVistaLodge, Front Office Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Everyone at Laguna Vista Lodge wants to thank you for the great review. We hope you can come back and visit us again.
INOLA, OK
Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I and a group from Oklahoma were on a Ski Trip at Angel Fire. Since we don't ski we decided to visit the surrounding areas.
Went to the restaurant at the lodge for lunch, toured the bordelo adjacent to the restaurant which was closed in 1972 and decided to check out the saloon also.
All the employee's were friendly and informative about the history of the area. Took some of our friends back to the Saloon that evening and had a great, fun time playing shuffleboard and dancing. The group intends to go back when we return for the annual ski trip next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
LagunaVistaLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for the great review and fun pictures. We are so happy you had a great time in our Saloon, the bartenders said you all were a lot of fun and hope that you can come and visit them again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagle Nest
Sagebrush Inn & Suites
Alpine Village Suites
Alpine Village Suites
#2 of 2 in Taos Ski Valley

Been to Laguna Vista Lodge? Share your experiences!