“Reservation process” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Eagle Nest
Austin
“Reservation process”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

My mother and I were looking for a unique, enjoyable place to stay in the Taos area and found the Laguna Vista Lodge to be just what we needed. Unfortunately we were unable to follow through on the reservation but Sue was highly professional and very accommodating. Most reviews are about the visit but making the reservations is a constant so I wanted to share this one. Quick email responses, solid information, and a professional tenor made the whole process comfortable. I imagine the visit would have echoed that process. We're certainly looking forward to finally being able to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need -- Sue is willing to do all she can to, for example, get you a first floor roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jlwAustin
LagunaVistaLodge, Front Office Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope you can make plans to visit us in the future. We look forward to it. Sue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Crowley, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I just recently stayed at the Laguna Vista Lodge in Cabin #20. It was very clean and cozy -- had a comfortable King bed; 2 chairs, tv/dvd player; desk/chair, small frig and bathroom with a shower (no tub). We had plenty of room and it is located near the Eagle Nest Lake, with beautiful mountain views. The Eagle Nest area is so pretty and about an hour's drive from Taos, near good hiking trails and not far from the Angel Fire area. The owners were very nice. It was very quiet and comfortable here -- we would recommend and would definitely stay again. (Note:this particular cabin does not allow cooking inside of it, so if that is important to you, I believe they do have cabins with kitchenettes that you can ask for.) We got a tremendous deal (with a good rate for 2 nights and the 3rd night we took advantage of the "birthdate" special...in which they only charge a rate for the 3rd night based on the year you were born...in my case-it was $19.57 plus tax). Wish other places would do that! It definitely helps....this is a good place to stay!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TXLuv2Travel
LagunaVistaLodge, Front Office Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. We all hope you can come back and see us again when you can stay longer. Hope your grandson is feeling better. Sue
Elburn, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Please bear with me but this is my first time reviewing anything and I just recd a note from TripAdvisor asking if there was anything that I would like to review. Actually, I’m glad that I did receive this note as it brought back some amazing memories from my visit to the Eagles Nest, NM area. Let me start by telling you a little about me to give you a frame of reference. I travel quite frequently and have stayed at many luxury resorts and hotels. As many of my fellow road warriors will probably agree, travel is a necessary evil and not a “perk” that many non-travelers think.

That being said, when I travel with family, I prefer to take the road less traveled which fortunately lead me to the Laguna Vista Lodge in Eagles Nest, New Mexico. Our family enjoys more active vacations and just about everything outdoors so for that, I don’t think you could ask for a better location than the Laguna Vista Lodge. We hiked, fished, enjoyed mountain biking and at the end of each day were greeted by an amazing gal at the hotel. When I asked if I could get more coffee for the room they loaded me up. That's always been on thing that drives me nuts. Dont you hate it when you spend $250+/night for a hotel room and get two individual coffee servings? Glad to report, thats not what they do here. The old western style, decent rooms, great food, town and atmosphere was just outstanding. My kids are just turned 17 and 13 and they are ready to return to this Brigadoon in New Mexico. If you are looking for a “non touristy” destination run by real people check this out. We really enjoyed it…

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Akey65
LagunaVistaLodge, Front Office Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so happy you had a great time here at our Lodge. We hope you and your family can visit us again real soon.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

The Hotel Staff is very accomadating, the rooms are good size and the food at the restaraunt is very well priced and delicious, especially the breakfast! Nice town and great scenery by the lake.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
LagunaVistaLodge, Front Office Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Everyone at Laguna Vista Lodge wants to thank you for the great review. We hope you can come back and visit us again.
INOLA, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I and a group from Oklahoma were on a Ski Trip at Angel Fire. Since we don't ski we decided to visit the surrounding areas.
Went to the restaurant at the lodge for lunch, toured the bordelo adjacent to the restaurant which was closed in 1972 and decided to check out the saloon also.
All the employee's were friendly and informative about the history of the area. Took some of our friends back to the Saloon that evening and had a great, fun time playing shuffleboard and dancing. The group intends to go back when we return for the annual ski trip next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LagunaVistaLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for the great review and fun pictures. We are so happy you had a great time in our Saloon, the bartenders said you all were a lot of fun and hope that you can come and visit them again.
Rio Rancho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We found the lodging through dogfriendly.com and loved the spacious, very clean, comfortable and sunny cabin. The room had four windows to view the lake and the mountains which our dog loved too. The bathroom fictures were up to date and the carpet looked new too. I thought the $10.00 pet fee was very fair for such nice accomodations. I was especially happy with the very quiet propane furnace (i.e. not hot showers too). Unlike Thailand, the highest summer temps are about 80F and about 40F at night so there really isn't much need for A/C. Better to have a heating system that doesn't sound like a jet engine than A/C in a mountain cabin. It looks like it would be a fun place to stay in summer with the BBQ grills and outdoor fireplace/gathering place near the saloon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SparkyRioRancho
LagunaVistaLodge, Manager at Laguna Vista Lodge, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Thank you for your great review. We are all glad you had a good stay at our Lodge. Hope you can come back and see us again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

This little lodge is really a piece of history. We had so much fun playing in the knee-deep snow out back of the lodge. The town is very small though,and the steak restaurant is very overpriced for what you get. But overall-fun time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Sagebrush Inn & Suites
Alpine Village Suites
Alpine Village Suites
#2 of 2 in Taos Ski Valley

Been to Laguna Vista Lodge? Share your experiences!