“a great mom and pop kind of place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Eagle Nest
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“a great mom and pop kind of place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and couldn't get over the views nor the genuine hospitality of the staff.
I had to go off my diet both mornings with the excellent biscuits and gravy they had in the continental breakfast.
I wouldn't hesitate recommending to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank g_randybrown
SherryBull, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We appreciate the time that you took to give us a wonderful review. We do take great pride in trying to provide a wonderful breakfast for our wonderful guest. Providing wonderful guest services is very important to us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel was very friendly and had a homey atmosphere. There is a second story outside deck with a wonderful view, a community kitchen and game/lounge room. If you don't want to use the kitchen, breakfast is served. The waffles are very good! Great hospitality and friendliness! Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a fridge. You can ask for a coffee pot. Hair dryer, TV are included
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary B
SherryBull, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. I am happy that you took advantage of our top deck and was able to enjoy the amazing view. We hope to see you again in the future.
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

A really comfortable place to stay in Eagle Nest. No pool or hot tub but there is a nice game room and a community kitchen. It is an older hotel but spotlessly clean; with lots of big, white fluffy towels in the bathroom. The new management includes the most thoughtful people I have come across. Sherry even made a point to check on me since I was traveling alone. And the waffle-making guy did make the best waffles I have come across. The hotel was full since it was Memorial Day Weekend with bike rallies and the Vietnam Memorial ceremonies at Angel Fire, but it still was not noisy. Other guests were very friendly and it was a really good experience. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lou R
SherryBull, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We enjoyed meeting and visiting with you. We care about our guest and their safety. We were glad to see you when you came back and visited with us. We appreciate your business so very much. Thank you.
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Dropped by because I needed a place to stay. What a pleasant surprise. Very clean and modern rooms and a very nice layout. Great location with views of Eagle Nest lake. Very good breakfast buffet with waffles. Owner \ Managers are very nice people as well.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013
SherryBull, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We appreciate the time that you have taken to submit a review. We are happy that we could provide a wonderful experience for you and your pets. We are a pet friendly hotel and we realize that alot of people consider thier pets a hugh part of thier family. Thank you. We hope to see you again in the future.
FWB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I made a trip to New Mexico earlier this year. The managers (Greg and Sherry) where so wonderful, they helped us with every questions we had. I felt like I was part of their family. The rooms were clean and they welcomed our dogs........ So nice to see respectable and helpful people running a business, it was like the old days when people took care of people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tell M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

True story! I'm a helicopter pilot, and I instruct students on how to fly them as well. On the 14th of March, my student and I were flying through New Mexico and found ourselves flying over beautiful Eagle Nest, NM. We weren't locals and had no idea about Eagle Nest, or the beauty and seclusion of the little town.
While enjoying the view of the lake and mountains from 1,000 feet above the tiny town, our helicopter experienced a mechanical failure and we had to perform an emergency landing to a field!
Two of the first responders to the accident were Sherry and Greg, the "Owners" of the Econolodge as the local news would later entitle them. Sherry and Greg saw the whole accident unfold, and we couldn't have asked for a more gracious pair to come to our rescue! They offered, without asking, not just a room at the lodge, but also their personal truck to my student and I for the next few days as we were completely stranded in a location 1,000 miles from home.
There's a difference between the smiling face of a front desk person at a hotel, and the real, true nature of good people sitting at this Econolodge.
The lodging was very typical, but the pair running it were far and above the finest staff I've ever come across, and believe me, I've been around the world and stayed in some of the finest hotels there are.
And the fella that made my waffles every morning (he won't let you make your own!) could have been a player in any comedy on the big screen.
I can't express with words just how fantastic these people were. In the three days we were stranded, I met about half of the population of Eagle Nest, as well as some of the other hotel/motel operators, and nobody seemed to have the same finesse.
Make this Econolodge your first option! Price and amenities in hotels/motels are always similar, but the people you rely on are rarely quantified like this.
And for anybody at the Econolodge headquarters, this pair (and the waffle specialist) deserves whatever prizes and bonuses you have available.
Thanks for everything Sherry and Greg!
Aaron Vane from Bend, Oregon!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Vaner504
SherryBull, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you Aaron for the wonderful review. We are just so thankful that you were able to get home safely. We take pride in the fact that we were able to assist you in a difficult situation. It was a pleasure to meet you and hope that maybe in the future you and your family can visit us again in a less difficult circumstances. Thank you.
Mount Airy, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were traveling and needed a place to stay after a booking fell through -- my husband called the Econolodge in Eagle Nest and the staff was straightforward and helpful so we drove into town, easily found the motel and were greeted warmly by the owner. She gave us the discount we requested and told us that the Wi-Fi might be problematic -- but it wasn't. She gave us recommendations of where to shop and eat. Our room was big and warm with every amenity -- especially liked the towels etc -- not the usual white but soft beige and very thick. Thanks, Econolodge, for a good winter night's sleep!

Room Tip: Our room, 115, was downstairs near the Wi-Fi router. There is a game room/kitchen upstairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN Rivers Edge
BEST WESTERN Rivers Edge
#1 of 8 in Red River
Sagebrush Inn & Suites

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!