“Super place to stay!”

Best Western Deming Southwest Inn
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The first thing that struck us is that the property was well taken care of and super clean. No trash around and it was quiet. This was our third night out on a 19 day road trip. Thought this was a new hotel but told it is about 20 years old. Owners apparently take a lot of pride in their business and it shows. The room was neat, clean and large. Beds super comfy. Good, filling breakfast got our day started. Lobby very neat and the staff was super helpful. Printed us a list of BW's near the location we were heading. Couldn't have asked for more at this price and recommending this to all friends heading out west through New Mexico. Nothing else compared to this in the next 16 days on the road!

1  Thank PBfromSC
Ritesh P, Owner at Best Western Deming Southwest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

From our entire staff and management team, I would like to thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to see that you have had a wonderful experience at our property. We wish that you have similiar expericence in your trip and also expecting to see you soon. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was the best hotel we stayed in during our recent road trip to Phoenix and back to Texas. (8 nights on the road) Especially for the price! The check-in was fast and easy, our room was clean, the beds super comfy, and the air conditioner kept us cold!! A perfect night's stay! I have saved this location on my GPS and we will definitely be back.

1  Thank Lynn P
Ritesh P, Owner at Best Western Deming Southwest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Lynn P

I would like to thank you for your candid feedback and high ratings on your recent stay at our property. Our entire staff members and management team are Ecstatic to see that you have had the Best stay of your trip. I would like to inform you that we will be renovating our rooms very soon and hopefully the renovation is completed before your next visit so that you can have a more enjoyable stay. We wish to see you soon. Have a wonderful summer.

Best Regards

Reviewed July 10, 2012

excellent Motel, Been in many Best Western Motels over the years and this one rates as good as any of them in cleanliness, location off the highway and neatness of the grounds, including the pet area. I commend the management of this motel

1  Thank CLIFF0949
Ritesh P, Owner at Best Western Deming Southwest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear Cliff0949,

Thank you for your brief review on your stay at our hotel. Our entire staff's and management team are very excited to see that you had thoroughly enjoyed stay with us. We wish that you have a wonderful summer travel and have pleasant stays at every hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and high ratings.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were driving back to Texas from Phoenix and we were trying to reach Las Cruces. We were very tired when we reached Deming so we decided to stay the night there instead. We pulled off the interstate and saw the Best Western and it looked ok from the road so we decided to stop there. The room was very clean and well kept. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. The hotel was nice and quiet. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was decent. We were very suprised at the quality for the price. I would highly recommend this hotel for a place to pull over to get a good nights sleep on any long trip.

Room Tip: In the back of the hotel, we never heard any freeway noise at all. Make sure you tuck the curtain up...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank selainec

Dear Selainec,

From our entire staff members and management team, I would like to thank you for your detailed and candid feedback on your recent stay at our property. We are thrilled to see that you have had a comfortable stay. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

It was 33 years ago when I went through Deming, Silver City, and Lordsburg on a bicycle trip from the Texas Gulf Coast to Seattle. Back home in Texas now, I decided to do this section of the trip again. After driving to Deming, I got a room here, and I'm glad I did. Since I was going to be gone 3-4 days on my "glory days" ride, I needed a place to leave my car. There didn't seem to be any long-term parking in town, but, after talking to the boss, the young women at the front desk arranged for me to leave my car where the employees park. That was a big load off my mind. Another nice thing is that all rooms are ground level, so no noise from upstairs. In my case, that also meant I did not have to carry my fully loaded bike up and down stairs. My aging back is extremely grateful for that. The rooms themselves are clean, well-kept and spacious. They have a mini-fridge, microwave, and the usual amenities (coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, etc.), and comfortable beds. I stayed a total of three nights, before and after the ride, and have absolutely no complaints.
Everyone at the front desk and in housekeeping was very friendly and helpful, but I would like to give a special thank you to Lizeth. In addition to helping arrange for me to leave my car while on my ride, she was very helpful with recommendations. For example, I was concerned about the altitude and wanted to take a shorter ride to see how well I was acclimated. She suggested a nice ride that was exactly what I was looking for. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone spending a night (or more) in Deming!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Glenn W
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Glenn W,

Thank you for time and posting a detailed and candid feedback on your stay and visit at our property. It is our honor to be your host and we strive to provide best hospitality while you are guest to our property. I am very happy to see that my staffs were able to arrange parking for you at our motel while you were on your biking trip. I am feeling very proud of my staff as they are the biggest assets of my company. We shall work diligently and make every effort in improving our services and hospitality so that each and every guest can have a comfortable, enjoyable stay. Enjoy your biking and we wish to see you soon again.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great place to stay. Great value for the price. Rooms were clean, staff was hospitable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Edwin H,

From our entire staff members and management team, I would like to thank you for your brief and candid feedback on your recent stay at our property. We are thrilled to see that you had enjoyed your stay. We wish to see you soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

It's been 35 years since I last stopped in Deming, New Mexico. The last time, I was home for the summer from college, and my parents decided to do a road trip to Las Vegas from Dallas. My mom somehow found this Holiday Inn in Deming, and I remember it was a nice stay.

So I was going to stay there again, sort of a trip down memory lane, as I drove through from Reno to Texas, but the Tripadvisor ratings for the Holiday Inn in Deming had slipped, with complaints about the place getting old and too many kids running around. Wow, it's been 35 years!

Now a habitual user and reviewer on Tripadvisor, I picked this hotel instead, currently the best rated hotel on Tripadvisor for Deming.

The hotel is all one story, and the grounds are spread out. There is a swimming pool, and the rooms are spacious and well equipped. Everything looked fairly new on the inside, as if the hotel were not that old, or had been completely refurbished. The room came with wifi internet, a microwave and refrigerator, iron and ironing board, blow dryer, etc. It's the sort of stuff one might want for a much longer stay than I was planning. Whoever owned this place clearly had put a lot of thought into giving it a touch of inexpensive nice quality, down to the fake molded tile in the bath/shower.

And in the end, that was the only weird thing about this hotel. Along with all those goodies were a couple of small signs detailing the charges if any of that stuff (including the very nice and plush white towels) were to be found missing.

Now, while I have seen signs in hotels/motels warning that missing items would be charged to the account, this place has to take the prize for the obsessive detail of the warning sign. Somebody is seriously OCD about not losing their plush hotel towels to their customers.

Another slice of Americana - some 50% of all hotels in America are now owned by Indian-Americans, as detailed in a new book "Life Behind the Lobby" by Pawan Dhingra. This Best Western is one of those hotels. Saw another hotel in Deming that loudly proclaimed in neon lights "American Owned and American Run", so perhaps this has not gone down so well in Deming.

Onwards, to Texas

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank GGreyhame
Ritesh P, Owner at Best Western Deming Southwest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

From our entire staff and management team, I would like to thank you for your candid and detailed feedback on your recent stay at our property. We welcome you to Deming back again. We are excited to see that you had enjoyed and had comfortable stay. Regarding the signs displayed in the rooms, I would like to inform you that they have been kept to Not offend any guest. These signs are kept to equally minimize the Liability of guest and reduce "Loss" in business. These signs have recently been kept in room as a result of an incident that occurred last fall, where a guest took whatever items he can take from room including the fitted sheet. Also, After we kept the signs we Polled our departing guest's for nearly 2 months and most of the guest were not bothered or did not mind having those signs, hence we continued having those signs in room. We are seeing positive side towards those signs, as we have seen very very less percentage of towels, pillows or other room inventories being taken away. We wish to see you soon and hope that you enjoy rest of your trip.