“Comfortable, clean and large”

BEST WESTERN Deming Southwest Inn
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Anchorage, Alaska
“Comfortable, clean and large”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

I found Best Western Mimbres Valley Inn to be quite excellent for the money paid. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The bedding proves to be fresh, bed comfortable and the air conditioner worked perfectly. It close to Interstate 10 but enough distance that you don't hear it. Its easy to get to, easy to get out. The place wasn't crowded at all, late August is the hot season so only foolish visitor from Alaska will be wandering the southwest corner of the United States during the hottest period!!

I did wish that the ice machine was more in a central area though. And the TV reception was terrible but those are pretty low priority items for me. The check in and check out was smooth; staff appears to be quite friendly and professional,

Room Tip: They are all ground level rooms so one spot is just as good as the next.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
ritsvasar, Owner at BEST WESTERN Deming Southwest Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

From our entire management team, staff members, and myself I would like to thank you for taking you time in review, ratings and your suggestion for impovements. I thank you for patronising us and give us an oppurtunity to provide our hospitality. It is through the honest comments, ratings and suggestions by our valued guests like you and others, that helps us in providing better hospitality to each of our guest. We shall make all diligent efforts in fullfilling the suggestions that you have informed us for improvement. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Orange Beach, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

Very comfortable for a one night stay. Will stop in on our way back. Rooms are clean and the bed was large and comfortable....very large roomy rooms

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ritesh P, Owner at BEST WESTERN Deming Southwest Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for posting a review and ratings regarding your stay at our property. My staff and I are elated to learn that you were satisfied with your stay. We will be using your comments, suggestions to improve our services and provide best hospitality possible. Thanks again for choosing us for your accommodations and your business. We hope you would give us another opportunity(s) to provide our hospitality in future.
Sierra Vista, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

We stayed at this hotel to attend the 'Duck Races' in Deming NM. The hotel was packed! The room was clean, the staff were friendly. There were little extras like a morning paper, coffee, microwave, refrigerator, continental breakfast. There was always hotel staff out and about during the early evening hours. In spite of the number of people staying there, the hotel was quiet at night and our stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
los angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

Although pleasantly surprised with the discount on the bill, there were several things I encountered on my stay there:

1. At check in, I was given a key to a room that was already occupied. However, I was given another room after I went back to the front desk.
2. One of the sinks did not drain. I ended up fixing that myself.
3. The microwave in the room was not working. I left a note on my way out.
4. The swimming pool was murky at one corner and leaves were floating on the water. Because it was windy and rained the night before, the leaves are expected, but the murky stuff?

To be fair, I did sleep well there.

• Stayed July 2009
Thank you for posting a review and ratings regarding your stay at our property. My staff and I would like to apologize for not having a comfortable stay and pleasant experience and not meeting your expectations. We will be using your comments, suggestions to improve our services and provide best hospitality possible. Thanks again for choosing us for your accommodations and your business. We hope you would give us another opportunity(s) to provide our hospitality in future.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

Very pleased with our experience here. Got this through Hotwire, and were we glad that we did. Sometimes you aren't so sure when you book through Hotwire. The front desk young lady was very efficient, friendly, and helpful. She met our needs of no smoking and no pets, although we saw several people with small pets, so some of the rooms do accommodate pets.

The king size bed was extremely comfortable, the room was large, everything worked, and it seemed very clean. There was a microwave, refrigerator with freezer, iron and board, and a separate room with the commode, shower, and an extra sink.

When we first arrived, we appeared to be the second guests. When we got up in the morning, the lot was quite full, but we never heard a thing during the night. The property is large in that the two wings of rooms are separated by a very large parking lot. The grounds are well kept and neat. The pool was not open yet for the season.

The breakfast was lovely with the waffle maker, hard-boiled eggs, muffins, cereals, oatmeal packets, bagels, toast, juices, and coffee.

Location is south of I-10 at exit 81, the most westerly one for Deming. Two attractions to keep in mind. Two miles west on the frontage road is Rossa Luna winery with a huge assortment of wines to taste and a friendly staff. The other is Si Senor, a great Mexican restaurant on the SE corner of Pine Street and Silver. It was recommended by the niece of the winemaker and was excellent. Service was good and the place was full of locals.

We were very happy we ended up at this Best Western and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

This property looks like it has recently been remodeled. It's one floor, has plenty of parking at your door, spacious grounds, very clean, good bed, way soft towels, two sinks, more than usual bathroom counter space and our room has space to move around. Did I mention everything was really clean and fresh? The continental breakfast was the usual fare but everything there was fresh and clean, too. It is a great place to stay.

• Liked — Clean & well thought out facilities
  • Disliked — Too far from home to make it a weekend getaway.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
bastrop, tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

This was my 1st stay at a Best Western and possibly my last. I have
been staying at Ramada and Super 8 but decided to give Best Western a
try. Had no problems with this place until I notice that I had left my
brand new camera (with all of my vacation pictures) and atlas in the
room and when I called back, I was told no camera was found. Now I know
that where it was left--I locked the door when I left so I know only
the
staff was able to get into the room--but no camera was found!! How very
funny. Maybe it hid itself under the bed or something! The owner acted
like I shouldn't expect it to be turned in. If your cleaning crew
consist of thieves, well, I won't be interested in staying here or at
any other of your locations ever again.

• Liked — I was tired and there was a bed
  • Disliked — The staff stole my camera
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sparkologist