All reviews main building restaurant attached new mexico comfortable bed large room great breakfast after a long day staff was friendly nm carpet road linens walmart west
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I would recommend this place had all you need bar a coffee machine, but at the price is very good value for money, has a restaurant, unfortunately we had already eaten. Actually booked out late , no problem, booking in the receptionist was charming, thank you to her. Has an outside swimming pool, we would have used it, we were not in the main building but one behind and it was so quiet , the road is not busy though. If you have to drive longer from the west far better town than Lordsberg, on the main road easy to find

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2018

We did in a one night stay returning to California from a trip to Portales, NM. The motel is about a 1/2 mile in from I-10 in a fairly quiet (it was Sunday late afternoon) street in what appears to be the old section of Deming. We booked thru Expedia and the rate for that night was $54 (plus taxes). Our room had two double beds and was large enough to accommodate a dresser and a small table with chair. Past the room, there was a small alcove that had a small fridge with a small micro on top and clothes rack and area for luggage. From that alcove, there was a good sized bathroom. The beds, linen, floors were clean as was the bathroom. While the toiletries were small, I always pack my own so that didn't matter. They do have a pool and we didn't try the restaurant as it was already closing when we checked in. Overall, the TV cable was good, (came with WiFi but I didn't connect), the beds were clean and comfortable, we had a fridge, and the small micro/small table allowed us to have dinner in our room. That was exactly what I was looking for when I booked the room. It is a two-story building and I didn't see an elevator so you might want to call and ask before you book.
If I'm ever looking for a place to spend the night along I-10 in New Mexico, I will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: We stayed in room 202. Access to our room was from the outside, up a fairly wide staircase.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2018

We stayed at the Grand Motel and found the rooms, set around a courtyard with a pool to be fine and good value for the price paid. We left a small piece of luggage by mistake and they were helpful in getting it sent on via UPS for us.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2018

Although it was a really good rate, the bed wasn’t comfortable, the soaps were tiny, no one at front desk when wanted to check out. Most of all, the carpet was filthy dirty. Didn’t want to walk on it with socks much less bare feet.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjsMesa
Reviewed March 13, 2018

Just needed a place to stay for the night, so looked for reasonable ratings at lowest cost. Didn't expect a lot, but room was much nicer than I imagined. Plenty of space, a little dated but clean. Pretty much agree with other positive reviews - friendly staff, homey place, and the restaurant in AWESOME. Like an old Diner feel, typical DIner foods plus Mexican, at diner prices. I think my dinner was $8ish and a great breakfast was $6 or so.

• Trip type: Traveled solo