“The Tiring Days of Deming!!!”
Review of Days Inn Deming

Days Inn Deming
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Austin TX USA
“The Tiring Days of Deming!!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2006

I arrived in Deming around 10:30pm on a Saturday night after a long 12 hour drive in a 26ft rental truck that was pulling 16ft car trailer. I was very tired and I wanted to park the truck and get to my room quickly. Good thing this motel had truck parking. When I drove up to this Days Inn, the parking lot was packed, and the truck parking was almost full. Now what? I had to park next door in a tire shop parking lot. When I went into the front office - surprise - there was a line with about five groups of people. 10:30pm in the middle of the New Mexico desert and there's a line to get a room??? Is this Vegas?? I waited 15 minutes and then the front desk clerk announced, "We are running out of rooms!" What about my reservation? Finally, the front desk clerk let me go in front of the line, because all the other people in line did not have a reservation. I hauled a few bags to the room and then it was back to the truck. Now I had to figure out how to park my large truck in the truck parking area. I took a chance and drove through the packed parking lot to the back of the complex. I then made a big u-turn and entered the truck parking. I squeezed the truck between other trucks and finally parked. The truck parking was actually a dirt parking lot and it had been raining that day. So, it turned out to be a mud parking lot. I hauled another bag to my room, walking through the mud, and by that time it was after midnight. The room was older, but clean. It had a fridge and microwave. The TV had many channels to choose from. There was Internet WiFi access, but I couldn't get it to work on my computer. I was too tired to enjoy the room, so I went right to bed. In the morning someone started to bang on my door at 9:15am, and I awoke. It was like someone was trying to break in. The person kept pounding on the door and fiddling with the lock. I had to get up, put on my clothes and answer the door. It was the housekeeper. She said, "Oh, I was just checking to see if anyone was in the room." This housekeeper was a bit too enthusiastic when checking a room for motel guests. Now I was really tired. Then I went to check the free continental breakfast. There was a pretty good selection of breakfast items and drinks in a large room with tables and televisions. It was 10:30am and I was looking forward to going back to my room to rest for 90 minutes. Nope! I learned that check out time was at 11: 00am. The Days Inn Web site showed the check out was at 1:00pm. I quickly went back to the room, took a shower, hauled my bags back to the truck and turned in the card key. I was back on the road for another 700 mile journey, and I was still very tired... Maybe this would have been a more enjoyable experience if I had arrived at the Days Inn earlier, but it ended up being a very tiring stay....

• Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank TripKid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed September 25, 2005

We stayed at the Deming NM Days Inn in Sept 2005. It is an older hotel but a good value. The rooms are very large, furniture older, but clean, frig and microwave. Staff very friendly. Great for a family or seniors wanting nice clean place for a good rate.

• Stayed September 2005