“Second time!”

Marie's Italian Grill
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Deming
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

We had a nice lunch - remembered it from a previous drive through Deming. My husband enjoyed his cup of the potato soup and had lasagne - very good and too much to finish! I had a delicious house salad, eggplant Parmesan and a side of spaghetti with meat marinara. Will look forward to a third visit!!!
Ann Schrader

Reviewed April 25, 2018

Our trip from WA state to TX was planned so that we'd be in Deming one night to revisit one of the most memorable restaurants we've ever experienced. Turned out that Elisa's Pies & Restaurant was closed without explanation. We were bummed, but still hungry. About 1-1/2 blocks away we spotted Marie's Italian Grill. A first for us, so we entered. It's a huge room with about 20 tables and the unmistakable aroma of pasta sauce wafting about. Only 2 of the tables were occupied and there was no receptionist in sight. We sat down and were soon greeted by our waitress with menus who took our drink order. I ordered the Alfredo with chicken and my buddy had the spaghetti with meatballs. Both dishes were excellent. Service was prompt and attentive throughout our visit. The topper to this wonderful meal was the price. Extremely reasonable. We now have 2 fabulous options when we find ourselves in Deming at dinnertime.

Reviewed April 13, 2018

Read other peoples reviews and based on those decided to try this out. My wife had the Eggplant parm with penne and their marinara sauce. Eggplant was a little over done and the pasta was fine except she did not think the sauce was homemade. I opted for a sandwich and had the Meatball Sandwich. I agree the sauce was not homemade and if I ever had sauce from a jar I would think that was what it was.
Overall the food was eatable but not very tasty. The staff working there was extremely friendly and nice.
The restaurant is in a very interesting historic building and the interior as well as the exterior is very quaint. The building was a bank at one time and had the vault still which we could open and look in.

1  Thank Jim1038
Reviewed April 12, 2018

Ordered delivery to the hotel, very prompt service and food was hot. We were told approximate time of delivery and it was early.

Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

Who would have thought a small town like Deming has a good Italian food? It does! The potato soup was delicious. The scampi pasta was fresh tasting and well prepared. We had enough left over, it could have been the base for a complete second meal with sautéed chicken. The spaghetti with a combination of a great tasting meatball and Italian sausage was also very good. Luckily, we did not order appetizers as it would have been far too much food. If you are not able to take leftovers on the road with you, you might want to consider sharing a main dish. The service was good and friendly. The only reason for not give Marie’s a 5 is they didn’t clear a number of empty tables around us, which is a little like eating in a cafeteria. However, we would return and try some of the other dishes.

Been to Marie's Italian Grill? Share your experiences!