“Not great”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Deming, New Mexico
“Not great”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Give this one a miss. If you're into huge portions, you might like it, but then....huge portions of what? Lots of starches, meats generally way too fatty and with too much gristle. Wait staff generally friendly, but we usually go to a restaurant for the food,

• Visited May 2013

Las Cruces, NM
“Hit or miss”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I've been here a handful of times and have come to the conclusion that you have to take your chances coming here. A few of the times, it's been great; the food has been good, the service has been super friendly, and the restaurant nice and clean. Other times, the food was indifferent at best, the restaurant wasn't clean although it wasn't busy, and the waitress ignored us. I'm not sure why it's so inconsistent. Personally, I don't think the salad bar is all that great, but it depends on how you like your salads. This salad bar initially looks like it has a ton to offer, but it mostly has a ton of pasta and macaroni salads, plus things like cottage cheese. I know some people like those things, but I prefer a salad bar to be loaded with options for making a big green salad. The homemade potato soup is divine though- the last few times I skipped the salad and went for the soup instead. As far as main courses go, I've had a chicken-and-green-chile meal which was okay, a grilled chicken that was pretty boring, and a chicken fried steak which was outstanding.

There's not a lot of options for restaurants in Deming, but for people passing through, this is what I'd suggest: Stop in, and ask to see the salad bar. If the waitress is rude about it and the food doesn't look fresh, go elsewhere. If the waitress is nice and salad bar is clean and fresh, then that's probably an indicator of how the rest of your experience will be.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Wendy L
Deming
“Great salad bar and menu variety”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This restaurant has a great salad bar, and at least 3 soups available. The menu has a lot of variety. The steaks don't have a lot of flavor, and are tough and gristly. Suggest choosing something else.

Visited March 2014
Port Huron, Michigan
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a well worn restaurant in need of some serious cleaning. The food was very poor and we didn't eat all of it. The young waitress had hair hanging down in her face. When I ordered a burger medium, the kitchen told me it had to be well done. It arrived dry and tasteless. My husband's dish was just as bad, except for the mashed potatoes.

Visited March 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“If you don't want your stomach to churn, stay away from the Rancher's Grill”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a highly overrated restaurant, that for the simple fact that there is little or no competition in the way of restaurants, they charge whatever they dim fit to charge. Four of us went in, they all ordered hambugers and a a soup and salad each. I ordered a simple salad and a soup and in the end paid one dollar less than if I had ordered a hamburger too. Their fee was 14.00 dollars and change, and my salad was 13.00 dollars and change, when I asked the cashier, she replied in a snotty way, "Because you had the all you can eat salad!"....I didn't dare go for seconds after eating the wilted lettuce,and spinich leaves they were serving. We go through there all the time, but it will be the first and last time we visit that restaurant.

• Visited March 2014