“Scrumptious & Inviting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Bella Luna - CLOSED

La Bella Luna
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: I purchased this restaurant in April 2014. I am attempting to provide diners with a fine dining experience. We prepare your food from scratch as ordered. Our Chicken and Veal Parmigiana is pounded, breaded and cooked when ordered. Our Porto and Marsala is made when it is ordered and takes approximately 20 minutes to get to your table, so please, order your favorite beverage, try our fresh bread and our wonderful roasted garlic and prepare your palate for a wonderful dinner.
Terracina, Italy
“Scrumptious & Inviting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a heart-warming experience! Attended a reunion recently at Palma's. The buffet was varied and scrumptious! Smiles and pleasantries all the while from the attentive servers! Enjoyed it immensely!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
johnrichmond11, Public Relations Manager at La Bella Luna, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Steak S,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us a review about your recent experience with us for your class reunion! We are glad to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed yourself! We pride ourselves in great customer service and excellent food! We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in town!

Thanks,
John Richmond

“Decent food, rotten service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We recently gathered there for our high school reunion and it was a fairly big group catered by the restaurant. The food was pretty decent. Better than I expected, actually. The atmosphere was pretty good, too, but the service was terrible. Wait staff was not the least bit friendly and we had to place a drink order multiple times before it was actually delivered. Someone in the group asked for a bread basket at her table and her request was flatly denied. Considering they knew ahead that we were coming, this was a major let down. Even though the food was good, I'm not sure I'll return and I certainly would not host an event there.

1 Thank ScarletTurtle
johnrichmond11, Public Relations Manager at La Bella Luna, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
ScarletTurtle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our restaurant. In reading your review I became concerned as you had mentioned rotten service for your class reunion party which was held this last weekend. The menu for your event was pre-selected by the planner which selected homemade rolls which was self serve on the buffet line. If a guest from the party did not want the dinner rolls we would have gladly brought them bread. There might have been a mis communication with what they were wanting. We received multiple compliments on the staff service and food so I am unsure what negative service you received? Out of the group very few people drank alcoholic beverages and they are located in the kitchen so it does take some time to get them once ordered. Most of the guests were drinking tea and water which was provided in pitchers on the table as well as drink glasses. Please give Palma Richmond a call if you have any further questions or concerns at 575-544-3100. Thank you for leaving a review and we hope that you stop by the next time that you are in town!

Safe Travels,
Norristown, PA
“The best of New York City pasta in small-town New Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife said hers was the best spaghetti with meat sauce that she had ever had. My lasagna was the same. When I told our server how wonderful it was and that I would be glad to make the chef an honorary New Yorker, she said that the chef (her father) was originally from New Jersey. Some decades ago they were on their way to California and broke down in Deming. They never left.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ReedMerino
Albuquerque
“Best Italian food in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I spent six weeks working in Deming in the spring and at at Palma's at least twice a week. The food and service are stellar.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank FaerieChilde
Glasgow, Kentucky
“A must stop in Southeast New Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I stopped in Palma's Italian Grill on our road trip thru the southwest. The prime rib is perhaps the very best I have ever tasted. My wife had the porta bella mushroom ravioli. She is still raving about it. The service was outstanding. The personnel were most helpful and made us feel right at home. Be sure to try the homemade deserts, but like me, you will have to get it to go because after your meal you won't have room for desert. Our only regret is that we will probably not pass thru Deming NM. again in the near future.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank earl s
johnrichmond11, Public Relations Manager at La Bella Luna, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
We are glad you all had a great experience and we hope you come back through the area again soon to have another great meal with us. Our staff always does a great job with customer service! Hope to see you again on your next trip! Remember we are closed on Mondays.

Thanks,