“The Best Place in Deming !!!”
Review of La Bella Luna - CLOSED

La Bella Luna
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: I purchased this restaurant in April 2014. I am attempting to provide diners with a fine dining experience. We prepare your food from scratch as ordered. Our Chicken and Veal Parmigiana is pounded, breaded and cooked when ordered. Our Porto and Marsala is made when it is ordered and takes approximately 20 minutes to get to your table, so please, order your favorite beverage, try our fresh bread and our wonderful roasted garlic and prepare your palate for a wonderful dinner.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recommend Palma's to anyone who like's Italian and good steaks.... These fine people make you feel at home every single time... Guarantee its better than Olive Garden .....

2  Thank Kelly S

Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I ate there and it was just about the worse dining experience either of us have had. The service was slow and indifferent. I was given a glass of ice with my soft drink. The glass was half full of water. When I asked for another glass or if they would mind draining the water out I got a sigh. The salad was limp as if it had been prepared way ahead of time and left out. When our food arrived it appeared ok but my husbands meal smelled odd. It literally smelled like grass. We could not figure it out. It seem to taste ok but the grass smell was overwhelming. We were just stunned. Since no one returned to out table to ask about the meal, we sat there for awhile pondering what would make catfish smell like grass? Out waiter eventually came by (with a fly swatter!) and asked if we needed anything else as he attempted to kill flies at the next table. Really? We just could not believe our eyes. We paid for the meal and when the host asked how we enjoyed it we mentioned the grass smell. She had no response. Silence.
This is not way to run a business and no place one needs to eat!

2  Thank stargatedn
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I can't say enough about this great little find in downtown Deming. On the list of restaurants provided by our hotel we actually were going to try the Mexican restaurant across the street but decided to go Italian - and they did not disappoint!

This family owned "joint" should be straight out of the "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" handbook. Little corner building and the tables and dining area is extremely casual and low key. Our server was fantastic and the opening salvo of bread and garlic infused olive oil set the tone for tremendous meal.

My son went with the fettucine with marinara and sausage ($10) (which he said was quite spicy). I enjoyed the Shrimp Diavolo Fettucine ($15) - also quite spicy but I wiped up the last of my sauce with the remaining bread. Finally my wife chose the pork chops ($15) and although she felt they were a slight bit overcooked the chutney/dipping sauce was world class. It was some concoction of raspberry and chipotle and our server said it was a family secret. They should bottle and sell that stuff as it was truly fantastic.

With 3 beers and 3 meals we got out of their for $50 + tip. And it was well worth it!

2  Thank Mark P
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Don't miss Palma's Italian food! The building isn't much, the landlord isn't known for keeping up her buildings, but the food more than makes up for the lack of decor! Palma's husband Harold has a beautiful voice and will often serenade dinner guests with a great rendition of Sinatra! Altogether a fun, place with great food.

1  Thank AmicusInPectore
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were traveling through town and were recommended a place across the street. With the time change we missed that opportunity. I will tell you that we were not let down by Palma's Italian Grill. My husband does not like pasta so we searched the menu and found some wonderful dishes and shared our entrees. He order the Rib Eye steak and I choose the shrimp. The cook did a wonderful job on the cooking of the steak, the seasoning was great. You can tell they marinade the steak well and ahead of time. FLAVORFUL!!!

We will most definately vsit this place again during our travels. I love Italian food so I will pick a pasta dish next time and I am sure I will not be disapppointed.