“Got the biggest surprise here”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed July 24, 2013. This is in the absolute middle of nowhere Texas. We were thankful to see the familiar sign pop up. Room had just been completely cleaned so there was a tiny bit of cleaning odor but no problem. We had the fortune to show up on the day the local bugs decided to come out for their annual pilgrimage. Critters were every where and none thankfully indoors. Tiny little pet area that is fenced in for some reason. Lots of area for walking. Not so easy to find pet friendly restaurants. Again we were surprised that a pet friendly facility has no information of local restaurants.

2  Thank Thomas R
LQStephanie, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Hi Thank you so much for staying with us here at La Quinta Inn & Suites of Deming New Mexico. I pleased to here you enjoyed your visit. The grassed area for pets is fenced in just in case you would like to allow your pet to run around safely.
Thank you so much we hope to see you again soon

A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, California, USA
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stopped here on our way from LA to Austin, Texas in July. we were traveling with our dog. this was a great stopover! Excellent, spacious room, super clean hotel,nice breakfast room, and a nice grass dog area! Perfect!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LQStephanie, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Deming Nm. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I truly hope to see you again soon. =)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here twice; second time there was no stopper for bathtub, and only in the night did I see the light from the hall at the door fully across top and side of the door; therefore lacking sound barrier I suppose. The breakfast bar was originally nice once with a woman focused and working hard in the area on first visit. Second time biscuits were hard and difficult to separate by hand and impossible to cut with (plastic) knife. Orange juice was empty, waffle iron had mix dried on handles, no strawberries, no whipped topping - then I noticed it was being handled by front desk clerk. Upon leaving the area I heard the dual worker telling another staff person behind the check in counter "it was nasty, it was nasty, ooohh nasty (squinted face), I guess she only unplugged it". I think management is ultimately responsible for whatever is "nasty" in the kitchen area and staff should not speak like this in the presence of guests.

1  Thank Sharon M
LQStephanie, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

I am very disappointed to hear that your stay was not satifactory. I do truly apologize. The breakfast should have included the strawberries and whipped cream as well as the Orange juice should have been filled. I am going to be doing more training with my staff on the correct breakfast proceedures as well as professionalism. It is our goal to provide great service and a clean comfortable stay for all of our guests. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention so we can correct them.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I love staying at la quinta when I come to Deming,N.M. they always have clean rooms a great breakfast and very friendly staff. This hotel is clearly a step ahead of the other hotels in the area. I highly recommend you make your next stay at la quinta in Deming,N.M.

• Stayed: June 2013
LQStephanie, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We are so pleased to hear of your great stay with us here at La Quinta Inn & Suites of Deming NM. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I moved from CA to VA with two St. Bernards and an 18-year-old cat, so my opinions are heavily weighted in how pet friendly a place is.
We arrived very late - after 10:30 PM - but the woman who checked us in was still very pleasant and cheerful.
The room was clean and a nice size. We got a very good nights sleep.
There was a fenced area for walking the dogs, although we found it a little small! ;-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SnitchsMom
LQStephanie, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I am so happy to hear you and your pets had a great stay with us here at La Quinta Inn & Suites of Deming. We love pets and are so happy you stay with us. Hope to see you again Thank you.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is one of the best La Quintas I have stayed at. We chose to stop in Deming on a cross country move in March. We had previously made a reservation and expected to arrive around 9pm local time. After many on road delays, we arrived at 1am. I was very glad to meet a friendly person at check in and with only a few minutes at the desk, I was directed to my room.

The hotel had a nice large place in the back for my moving truck to park. The hotel itself was very clean and safe. I had stayed at this hotel one other time 2 years ago, and found it to be even better this time!

The beds were very comfortable, the room was nice sized with 2 queen beds and room for a desk and extra chair. The room also came with a microwave and mini fridge so we were able to enjoy a warm midnight snack while our items in the cooler got to chill in the fridge!

In the morning they served a full breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, waffles, cereal, juice, fruit and more!

While I did not use the following, I also noticed that they had a very large outdoor pool, a fenced in play area for dogs to run around, and a picnic area with a grill for guests to use!

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this La Quinta. It is very safe, very clean, has a great breakfast, and friendly staff.

On a side note, I also had to change my original reservation 2 times due to moving issues. The 800 person was very helpful and made sure our reservation was correct. I was worried that something might go wrong when we got to the hotel, but, everything was correct and our room was ready for us to enjoy!

I give two THUMBS UP to La Quinta in Deming, as well as the La Quinta company as a whole!

Room Tip: Be ready for a nice hot breakfast, it sure helps your day go by better than the usual cold pasties o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mickey2vegas

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are so pleased to hear that you truly had a great experiance while you were visiting us here at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Deming. I hope you come back and see us again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Del Rio, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I loved the Full breakfast super clean and quiet place.its not continental breakfast. super clean great staff supper quiet place 100% recommended!! They do need more roll out beds for those families with 3 kids!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LQStephanie, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at La Quinta Inn and Suites in Deming NM. It is our goal to make sure all our guests feel at home. I will look into getting more rollaway beds. Thank you for bringing that issue to my attention. Thank you so much for staying with us and I hope your return to see us soon.