“Im house sitting for mom, found a frozen treasure.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Amigo's Mexican Food
Ranked #19 of 57 Restaurants in Deming
Cuisines: Mexican
Denver, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Im house sitting for mom, found a frozen treasure.”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I've no idea about the restaurant. Im house sitting for my mom and G- mom. I got the munchies :) Best Tamale i've ever eaten frozen. I had to pull the package out and look up the info. This might make me plan a trip around. No BS they were muchable. It's on my list.

1 Thank jimbsykes

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rating 5's for breakfast burritos! Great...”
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Rating 5's for breakfast burritos! Great deal, no grease, big tacos/burritos the omlet one was incredible! You must must must try the breakfast here. :D we ordered bran and cheese, chorizo, omlet, and and other I can't quite remember what it was but I tried each one an they are the best I've had since Texas.

1 Thank TX-NM
Redondo, Washington
“God I miss the green chili pork burritos~A fond memory”
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We live in Connecitucut now, but as a native of New Mexico and a transplant to Deming from Belen, NM, this was a favorite treat. I disagree with the other writer, as their green chili pork burriotoes were out of this world. You have to perhaps know New Mexican chili and food to appreciate the true "bueno comida" that this exemplifies. They sold pinatas and other "specialites" when we lived there. It is across from a park where we would lay a blanket out and delight in the goodness.

Even in these tough economic times, it is worth every penny....get plenty of napkins. Not for the "grease" as the other writer said, but the juice dripping down your chin. It always reminded me of my dear neighbor, Mrs. Gallegoes, who would serve home-made tortillas and slow cooked ground beef with her green chili sauce...with some slow cooked pinto beans.

Not the "touristy" food that is found in so many places. Authentic Mexican food...served with pride.

3 Thank LadyNM
Colorado
“NOT an eat-in restaurant, food quality is unpredicatable”
Reviewed August 15, 2007

You never know what you are going to get when you eat here. Sometimes the gorditas and tamales are great, other times, they are too greasy to consume. Everything on the menu is pretty much hit-or-miss, often too greasy.
The prices are very reasonable, and you can order large quantities of just about anything.
Keep in mind, this is not a sit-down restaurant. Everything is to go.

1 Thank AmyCzestochowa

Been to Amigo's Mexican Food? Share your experiences!