“Lunch at Si Senor very good hot fresh Mexican food 2/1/13”
Review of Si Senor

Si Senor
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Deming
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

after long morning at Gila, drove back through Deming enroute to El Paso and stopped at Si Senor as we had heard good things. It was a good stop, the floors, all tables... whole place was obviously very clean and well run, it was a early supper we were having and not many folks in the establishment, we were quickly and friendly served, Food was very good, my son loved his combination and I was very satisfied with my flat cheese enchiladas, beans and rice. We also had a plate of nachos as we were both hungry when we arrived and about to eat the table. It was all good. 2/1/2013

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Okay, I hate leaving a negative review. I rarely do...but, we picked this place based on the reviews. I may be biased because we live in CA and have awesome Mexican / Tex-Mex food?! It is a no frills place and we were fine with that but the food quality just wasn't there for us. I ordered Carnitas which I guess I was wrong in assuming it would be shredded. When the carnitas platter came it looked like little square chunks of breakfast potatoes that where charred. It was so dry and burned. I took a couple bites and just ended up eating the beans and rice. One of our kids ordered a beef and cheese burrito and looked at me after one bite and said, "Mom, this isn't beef." He ate his beans and rice. My husband and half of his meal as well. We all devoured the chips and the sopapillas were the best part of the meal. It was an experience but we won't be going back when traveling through town. I really wanted to like this place, maybe we just ordered the wrong items?!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

After reading the good reviews and the girl at the desk at the hotel saying wonderful things we were thinking, if this is the "best" what must the so, so, be like. I had the combo plate #2 and the taco tasted like it was six days old, one bite was plenty. The rest of the plate was like left over, really left over, taco johns. Sorry about that taco johns. The wife had chicken tostadas, she ordered them with out cheese. They came with cheese but no flavor. Even the guacamole was just smashed avocados. Don't live in the area so we won't be back, but you should be warned.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Deming has proven to be a difficult stopover for us.. everything closes by 8 p.m. Now that we know that, we have been able to try a few places. This is one of the better ones. The salsa was the best - fresh and just enough of a kick to get your attention. I had the chicken enchiladas, green, and they were really good. The enchiladas were stacked, not rolled. The green chile sauce was perfect. Complimentary sopaipillos were so delicious, served warm with agave honey, mmmm. You should be aware that the menu that is linked to this Si Senor is not the Si Senor in Deming, it is one in Chandler. The menu has nothing to do with this restaurant, but if you are in the mood for just good Mexican fare, give this one a try.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Like most reviewers here, we were blown away by the quality, taste and affordability of the food at Si Senor! We ordered chicken burritos with the verde sauce and requested sour cream and tomatoes on top. WOW, were they delicious! The chicken was flavored perfectly (not spicy, just flavorful), tender, and there was lots of it. I wish I had taken a photo of it before I dug in...it was huge. Can't believe I ate the whole thing, plus chips and salsa plus the sopopilla (didn't need that!). In fact, we ate them at around 2pm and never ate anything else the rest of the day and night and it's now midnight!

Service was fast and friendly, the restaurant was clean and bright, and you could tell the employees take pride in their jobs. Like so many others, we are left wishing they'd open one of these in our hometown. We won't fail to stop in anytime we're near Deming though! Definitely worth the trip and your time. YUM!!! Oh, and they're open 7 days a week, so what are you waiting for?!

1  Thank ilive4sun