“Very nice for a budget hotel, worth the money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deming Mimbres Valley

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deming Mimbres Valley
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Castle Pines, Colorado
“Very nice for a budget hotel, worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Recently had a 14 hour drive so was looking for a hotel at the 9 or 10 hour make. Pulled up hotels in Deming, many terrible reviews from changes I have stayed at. Found this Holiday Inn,, just completed so nice and new, What could be wrong. It was quiet comfortable and clean. Fit the bill for a place to crash after a long drive. Rooms very nice. Breakfast next morning just what you have come to expect when breakfast is included in this price range. Good place to stay.

Room Tip: Back side back up to RR tracks and Interstate. I still found our back room quiet. If you are light...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adrian S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deming Mimbres Valley, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Ron R.

Thank you for choosing us out of the rest in Deming. I am glad that you were very pleased with your choice. We were so happy to read your review. I know that traveling for hours can be so tiring and just so uncomfortable. I am glad that we were able to help the miles melt away while you were with us. Maybe we will see you again when you come passed us. We will always have room for tired travelers so stop in and relax when the miles seem to keep going. Be safe and travel wise. Thank you again for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Deming.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is new and fresh now but it is cheaply constructed so in a few years maybe not so nice. Plenty if room and the rooms were clean. My biggest complaint is the staff. They aren't attentive or efficient. Cleaning staff helping themselves before the guest and busy in phone not paying attention to paying guest. Too busy on their phones. Breakfast was very weak. Checkout was easy. Price was right.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deming Mimbres Valley, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear TC c,

We appreciate you leaving a review on your recent stays with us. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are pleased you did enjoy our clean and spacious rooms. We are deeply sorry for any issues you have encountered with our staff services. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

Again, thank you for all your comments which help us identify areas of improvement. We hope to welcome you back to be able to demonstrate to you the true Holiday Inn Express service.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

This motel is just 6 or so months old. Very clean. Was a bit difficult to find but once on the 'frontage' road saw the sign. I wish when they built new motels that they install an exhaust fan in the bathroom. Staff was very friendly. A little train noise but not really enough to effect sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is a new hotel with poor signage. Maybe they will correct this in the future. Also when asked for restaurant recommendations, we were given directions to a place more than 30 miles away. But everything worked and it was clean and quiet. Breakfast was standard HIE. Plenty of tables and well maintained.
We had called them and asked to drop one day from our reservation. They did but added another day at the end. Thankfully the desk clerk corrected this error.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New Braunfels, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I, as a rule, only stay at a few branded hotels. Holiday Inn Express is one of those because of the standardized rooms and comfortable beds. I was totally surprised at the new HIE in Deming. One disclaimer, we sleep on a Tempur-Pedic at home so it does take a lot to "Wow" us but we have gotten a decent night's sleep at the HIEs we have been to. Unfortunately the beds at this HIE were the most uncomfortable we have ever slept on. The other services were spot on, but the bed was another matter. I hope that if this is privately owned hotel the beds are changed. I won't be back, no matter how few hotels there are in Deming

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CJHollandNBTX
dkhol2412, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deming Mimbres Valley, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to staying with us during your recent visit to Deming. As the newest hotel in Deming, it's always valuable to get our guests' opinions on their experience. I am disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with the mattress in your room. I want to assure you that the beds (including all the bedding and mattresses) meet or exceed Holiday Inn Express's incomparable brand standards, Being that we are only 4 months old, we know the issue is not related to wear or age either. Since we've also had quite a few guests compliment our mattresses, the best explanation I can give is that mattress comfort can be subjective. I am glad you enjoyed our other amenities such as the 100+ HD channels on our 40" TV's, as well as the hot Express Start breakfast bar. Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope you choose us again in the future.
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I booked this hotel online as we were driving toward Deming. We got a good price and we were very happy with our stay. This is a new hotel so it is clean and in good condition. The man at the front desk didn't seem to know much about the hotel and could not answer some of my questions so I assume that he was a new hire. We used the guest laundry and that was a nice amenity to have. The breakfast was very good but the best part of the breakfast was the extremely friendly and helpful woman working in the area. She walked around asking everyone if they were enjoying their food and offered to get them anything else they wanted. We travel often and I have never seen anyone as helpful in the breakfast area as she was. I can recommend this as a good choice for an overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LMNMN
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We chose to stay here on our way home to California from Tennessee. The plan was stop stay in Lordsburg, but we could not drive the additional hour. I booked the room online about 2 hours prior to our arrival after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.com. Upon arrival, it seemed that everyone else that planned to stay arrived at the same time. There was one young lady working the front desk so there was a wait to check in. Once up to the desk, I was greeted and asked if I had a reseravtion. There was some brief conversation between me and the employee, but it was limited due to the fact she was alone and there were 3 people in line behind me. We were assigned to room 223 and as a parent of 2 children, I really hate getting a room on the second floor because I feel sorry for the person in the room below. Well as I am lecturing my children on how to behave, we hear running/walking from people in the room above us. It was loud and did not last. Room 223 was on the second floor near the stairwell. I actually liked this room because we could easiily use the stairs to go to the first floor to grab breakfast and if it had been summer using the stairs to go to the pool.

The room was large and had an open floor plan which means when you are at the front door, you can see everyone and everything in the room. Furniture in the room consisted of a desk and chair, table and 2 chairs, 2 queen sized beds and cabinet that contained 3 drawers, microwave and refrigerator. The room had plenty of outlets, which is always a plus for me because you can plug in your electronics without having to unplug lamps, clock/radio or microwave. The open format makes it difficult. For example,
Right now, our toliet is clogged and we can not even call anyone to unclog because everyone is not awake. Most hotels I have stayed at the bathroom is located near the door and the room is divided up in a way that people could come in and never see the individuals in bed. So, we had to venture to the restroom in the hotel. Not something you really want to do, but it was all we could do. We ran out of kleenix, so obviously our box was not very full. If it had not been for our clogged toliet, we would have run out of toliet papaer too because we were not provided with an extra roll.

The beds were very comfortable and each bed had four pillows. The pillows had a case on them to designate which ones were firm or soft. The breakfast include all the usual items such as, scrmabled eggs, yogurt, fruits, oatmeal, and juices/coffees. What was different is that instead of the waffle maker, they had a machine that would make a pancake(s) for you. They also had sausage patties, cereals, and biscut and gravy available. I stuck with my usual bagel and cream cheese, but I got to have a blueberry bagel.

Overall the stay was pleasant but be warned that the town on Deming have food establishments that close early. We arrived around 6:30 on Sunday evening and the 2 restaurants that have their menus in the hotel lobby were already closed. The phone book in the room did not provide enough information to determine what was close and who would deliver. My husband went downstairs and asked a the front desk. We received a menu for a Forghedaboudit Pizza that would deliver, but were scheduled to close at 8.

Will consider this hotel if we choose to stay in Deming again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family