“Not so much”

The Grand Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 62 Restaurants in Deming
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 19, 2018

It was about the only place open when I went through. Perhaps I should have looked on Tripadvisor. So-so at best. Find somewhere else.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Now maybe this is entirely our fault as late night visitors or because we ordered Mexican food at an establishment not known for Mexican food, but the Mexican food was really bad. I’m the establishments defense, we did walk in 30 minutes before closing but still. My brother and I both ordered flautas.The beans were not very hot at all and the rice was burned. The flautas were hot but tasted like frozen food. My mom ordered the enchilada and tamale and likewise the rice and beans were cold and burned and the food quality was poor. Definitely would not recommend eating here. The waitress was nice but not very attentive either. The prices were reasonable but the food quality was very poor.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

One page of specials. Booths and tables. Now waitress and one cook. Good value to be found here. Food was tasty.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

Six of us met here for lunch, having not been to this restaurant in about a year. The waitress was rude and dismissive! Once our order was taken, we waited 25 minutes before the first 2 meals were served. Rather than let the food get cold, those 2 people ate. 12 minutes later 2 more meals were served. Again, those 2 people ate. 28 minutes after that, the final 2 meals were served. No explanation, no excuse, no apology. The waitress put the food on the table and disappeared. The person with a Patty Melt encountered burned meat and a burned bun. The person with the "meatloaf" dinner described it as hamburgers rolled into 2 rolls - no seasoning; the vegetables were cooked to mush. The two Mexican dishes were so bad they were less than half eaten. Never saw the waitress again after the food was finally delivered! And, when we went to check-out, there was no cashier! It took another 15 minutes to find someone to pay! We won't be returning!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank bearhug68jr
Reviewed January 31, 2018

I ate here several times during a recent stay and didn't have a bad meal. Breakfast was good, with most meals priced between $4.75 and $4.99. The regular waitress on the breakfast shift does a wonderful job. The younger waitress that fills in on her days off needs to pay more attention to customers. Last time she was on duty I had a 15 minute wait for taking a reorder, and getting a second cup of cofee. She ignored the two tables and chatted with a man at the counter for 15 minutes, filling his coffee 3 times, while not looking out at the floor. For lunch or dinner I enjoyed the Mexican dishes. There is a wonderful combination plate at a fair price.

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to The Grand Restaurant? Share your experiences!