“Great food!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped here on our way from Tennessee to California. Food was amazing and service was great. So glad I followed the good advice on Trip Advisor to stop here!!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Even with all the great reviews, this place is underrated. The outside is nondescript, an old repurposed drive-in, do not be put off by this! The inside is bright and clean with custom wood benches and tables. There are two televisions but thankfully the sound was muted, thankfully so that I may enjoy the quietly playing Mexican music in the background. Why do you come to a restaurant to eat. But I MUST mention the service. The young man was attentive, polite, professional without being overbearing I only regret that I did not catch his name. The food was cheap, plentiful, nicely arranged and oh yes... delicious. Based on the reviews I elected to get the chile rellenos, two nicely battered and lightly crisp with beans, rice and 3 corn tortillas. The piece-de-resistance was the homemade flan. Benji's may be an hour from home but it's worth it and I look forward to my next visit.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Great family owned restaurant with tasty food and excellent service. Nice selection of Mexican and American dishes prepared fresh.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Deeming isn’t known for wonderful food, but Benji’s rocks! The food was great (my husband said his chili rellenos were the best he’s had), service was friendly & efficient, and the place was spotless. We’ll be back.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

We ate dinner here recently because of all of the glowing reviews on this site. The comments about how great the service is are right on target. But the food did not live up to its reviews here. The included tortilla chips appeared to be homemade. They also were thick and cold. I love cheese enchiladas and order them whenever I can. These were certainly edible but not anything special. I make better carnitas. I suspect I would have liked the meal more had my expectations been more realistic.

Date of visit: March 2019

Been to Benji's Restaurant? Share your experiences!